Working and Living in Arusha-Tanzania

Hey :)

I am a new here- I hope that anybody could give me some advice about living in Arusha. I have got a job offer to work as an office manager in Safari Club in Arusha ( Tanzania). The contract is 2 years long and I have to make a decision soon.
I am used to travel and to live in different countries, buy I had never before lived in Africa. Does anybody could tell me what are the living conditions in Arusha- I will have an accommodation provided, but is it safe to live there? Is there a medical center, shops where you could buy international products?
How is the local people? Is there any international community so you can meet and chat with other expats?

Looking forward for your comments :)

Regards,

Agata

Hi Agata1984! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I hope other members will be able to give you some advice and hope you get lots of new contacts on the site.

Good luck
Christine

Hi,

Arusha is one of the best place in Tanzania the climate is very pleasant.
There are lot of Europeans living there in Arusha. There is no need to worry about the safety as now a days lot of Europeans and Americans are working in Tanzania.
Arusha has lot of super markets where you can get international products and there are good hospitals in Arusha.
There are some European Clubs/Groups in Arusha and if you like clubbing then you have good night clubs like Velocity and Colobus Club.
There are some Expat hangouts like Njiro Shopping Complex you can also try joining the Hash House Harriers.

Wishes
Expat Tanzania

Hi Agata,

My name is Bonnie, and I live in Arusha with my husband and 3 kids. Ages 5,3, and 1. :-)

I have written up a "mini e-book" about things that people have asked before moving to TZ. It may help with some of the information that you are looking for. Just email me at [email protected] and I will send it to ya.

Bonnie TZ

Here is an article on Arusha:

Moving to Arusha Tanzania.

(thank you Bonnie)

Thank you All for your comments :)

Does anybody know the company Predators Safari?

This is a company that offered me a job. I have been searching any info in google, but maybe anybody is working there and could tell me sth?

Regards,

Agata

Hello to all!  This is my first time being on the forum & also a new member.  I am 59 year old single woman & a new retiree.  I am on a strick income & would like to enjoy the rest of my life in a different country.  I have been doing research & decided that I would like to relocate to Tanzania.  The problem is, I need to live somewhere where it is safe & you can get nice housing for cheap.  Could anyone give me names of some places, what kind of visa do I need to be a resident?  Thank you.:)

Welcome to the forum NewLifeinAfrica ;)

I've recently relocated to Arusha and am looking for housing for my family...any suggestions?

Hi,

I am an Indian National, My husband is a Tanzanian national of Indian Origin.

I work for a company named Tanzania Crop Care ltd. I was hired from Arusha.

I would like to know that if I am hired from Tanzania being an indian national will i not get my yearly ticket travelling to my home country. As thats what my manager told me that if i am hired from tanzania I am not eligible for a yearly ticket.

Regards
Aliya

Hi Aliya!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

hi am christine living in Arusha,new in the place trying my level best to make friends.Ihope to meet friends this side i love this place cause its cool but would like to make friends.I live at njiro,esami.+255713037470 i speak fluent english but less kiswhili.i love ART,making friends,sports like walking,partying,humanity and nature too

Hi Christine!

Welcome on board :)

Armand

arusha has nice enviroment,people are good am new too but i dnt believe that arusha i s bad,there are malls to shop in ,supermarkets like shoprite,cinemas for leisure and medical centers too,its also safe too.otherwise in are in the best place to live in

Agata1984 wrote:

Hey :)

I am a new here- I hope that anybody could give me some advice about living in Arusha. I have got a job offer to work as an office manager in Safari Club in Arusha ( Tanzania). The contract is 2 years long and I have to make a decision soon.
I am used to travel and to live in different countries, buy I had never before lived in Africa. Does anybody could tell me what are the living conditions in Arusha- I will have an accommodation provided, but is it safe to live there? Is there a medical center, shops where you could buy international products?
How is the local people? Is there any international community so you can meet and chat with other expats?

Looking forward for your comments :)

Regards,

Agata

Hi,
I am travelling to Arusha with my partner on 14th August to undertake legal voluntary work for a month. I am keen to meet expats living in Arusha who would like to go out for a few drinks etc.
Feel free to drop me a line,
Helen.

Hey

I am a new here- I hope that anybody could give me some advice about living in Arusha. I have got a center manager  to work   in Arusha ( Tanzania). The contract is 2 years long and I have to make a decision soon.

Looking forward for your comments

Regards,

I usually have to much to say about a topic to post it here so I made a blog post in regards to information about Arusha, Tanzania. Here is the link Click Here.

hello friends,

please advice about life in Arusha.i have to re-locate there by the end of this month and would appreciate your advice.

Alaa Ali

Good morning Alaa Ali and welcome to Expat.com!

Don't hesitate to browse through the Tanzania Forum, you may as well have a look at this article; hope it helps!

Good luck,

Francesca

hiya

im a newbie

i am going to arusha in febuary next year to volunteer in the hospital

i will be a qualified nurse by then and im really excited

what is it like?

x

Hi X,

If you are volunteering at the Gov. hospital, it will be ... One word... Crazy.... But it will also probably be a life changing experience... Good Luck.

i expect it to be very busy and i expect to see things i probably wouldn't see in england

i can't wait to get over there and get started helping out

Hi Everyone,
I Relocated to work in arusha recently. Kindly advice safe areas to live.
Thanks, will be waiting for replys.

Hi Agata,TZ is a very nice to live, I dont know where you come from. My wife is from Czech Republic and several times we visited Arusha, and it was always lovely for her, many europeans living around AR , the weather is great, nor cold or very hot. The best place to live not really in the city center, where is busy and rough like other african towns- find a home aout of the city. You will enjoy it. DonŽt afraid, TZ is safe and cool.  Paul

If you want to be a realy commited volunteer .... government hospital is a place for you... Good lucky and GOD bless you.

Paul

(Moderated: please post in the Housing section)

[Moderated: Expat.com is NOT a dating website]

Hi There,

My name is Randal, I am a Canadian woman working at a safari company and living in Arusha. Would love to meet for drinks.  I have an American Friend who is interning at East African Law something or other and she might have some insights for you.

0759 314 748

[email protected]

East African Law something... lol @ Randal.. :P

Hello Mzungu Mwamba.

May be could your friend share some informations with us on the forum.

Thanks

Karen :)

Budget and safe Hotel in Arusha .. Can anyone suggest??and indian food in Arusha??

Hi Neeth..

There is a big Indian community here in Arusha, thus finding Indian food isnt a problem.. I would personally suggest two places - Hot Plate and Bigg Bites. I'll put the numbers in the end for your connivence.

Coming to the hotel accommodation, what is your budget like.. only then I can mention something..

Cheers,
N.

Hi,
My son Sam (from Scotland) has just this week travelled to Arusha to work for a short while.
He's on his own so we are trying to find any good social clubs and groups where he can meet and make friends including any expat clubs. He's living down in Njiro area.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Many thanks,
Jane, Sam's Ma...

[Moderated: pls post in the Housing in Tanzania section]

Hi

i want to live and work in tanzania. can any one help me.

regards
sriv

Hi Jane from Scotland!

I was wondering if your son is still out there? Did he manage to find any good places to meet friends?
I am also from Scotland and moving out to Arusha on my own in a couple weeks to volunteer! Would love any advice from anyone :)

Hope your son had a great time!

Caitlin

Hi! l'm attractive due to your massage. I'm ready to as a part of your friend so can we chat on this page?

Yes of course.  Are ready to receive my budget?

Hello Every one Anybody need my help in Arusha I am there to serve .

Need a more couple of friends.

contact me @ 0682075565
:offtopic:

Jane Scotland wrote:

Hi,
My son Sam (from Scotland) has just this week travelled to Arusha to work for a short while.
He's on his own so we are trying to find any good social clubs and groups where he can meet and make friends including any expat clubs. He's living down in Njiro area.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Many thanks,
Jane, Sam's Ma...

Hi there..

I'm Nicholas, an expat living and working in Arusha, for the past 1.5 years now..
You can ask Sam to head out to a few places I'm listing below.. were he can find tons of expats and the chances of networking is high :
1. Mango Tree
2. The Blue Heron
3. Picasso Cafe
4. Le Patio Lounge
5. Ambrosia

These places are open throughout the weeks, and most of them have organized events (Caribbean night, Jazz night and much more..) Also, the food in all these places are just amazing.. so I guess you know, what I'm talking about!

Hope he has a wonderful time, during his stay in Arusha, Tz.

Cheers,
N.