Things to do in Foz do Iguaçu during the weekends

Hi,

What do you usually do on your weekends in Foz do Iguaçu?

Are there any places to visit, any activities, any events or festivals regularly organized you would like to recommend?

What are your top tips for the weekend in Foz do Iguaçu?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience, ;)

Christine

I am eager for experience travelers or actual residents to describe the region. It has peaked my curiosity by being at the confluence of three countries.

I would like to explore within a days bus ride into each country.

Thanks

I was reading a new post as to why one of Brazil's cities does not get attention and made me think they are right. So I began writing on Foz . I know most posts ore old, but I for those who enjoys nature may not know Foz is the 2nd largest destinations in Brazil.

Foz is the 2nd largest destinations in Brasil, World Heritage Iguacu (aka Iguassu, Iguazu in AR) is visited by millions from all over the world. over 270 water falls in one location. Jungle tours, National Forests, Bird Parks, and too many to count dining and lodging places.
Living in Foz Do Iguaçu or Iguassu, which borders three countries; Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. On the Brazilian side you have a large number of hotels, hostels and B&B's. Many different places to dine (Fine dining to late night Cataratas Marina seafood, hidden on the river bank between Argentina and Brazil.) You have the largest collection of tropical birds in one park, more Brazilian BBQ than you can count. On the northern side of Foz you will find a Buddhist Temple, Itaipu National Park which has one of the largest hydroelectric plants in the world. There are tours of the park (nature and animals) and you may tour the hydroelectric generating plant which includes guides (many languages spoken) and the Control center. This tour also takes you over the Itaipu dam into Paraguay briefly (the facility lies within both Brazil and Paraguay with only a “painted stripe” indicating the border), then down to the base of the dam and spillway/river and back to the entry. It is a nice tour. They also have a light show at night in the summer. Low price and you see a movie of the dam and plant followed by the light show. (Begins around 21:00).
There are many English speaking people in Foz, but most are in the tour sector. Some doctors who studied in the US and England speak English. It is difficult to find English speaking in the Mercado's and lojas
Paraguay and Argentina border Foz giving many options other than Foz.