Locations to consider living in Costa Rica

kohlerias wrote:

ExpatDave, I don't mean to be disrespectful  :cheers:  but I would think it would be more valuable that you provide us with the recommendation of living in the San Vito area, after you have moved there...

Good luck on your impending move....and hope you can sell your present  property, quickly.

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified.  I actually spend about half of my time in San Ramon and the other half at the Sabalito property.  There is an older house there that will eventually be the volunteer's housing that I stay at while working on the property.

We will need to build two large aviaries (6m x 12mx 4m), for the parrots prior to the San Ramon property selling.  After the property sells we'll build two more plus a bird kitchen, bird nursery, remodel the house on the property, a cabin and eventually my house.   I'm in the process of removing about 10,000+ m2 of coffee plants and then begin construction of the habitats and replanting trees in the same area.  Also have been planting "many" banana and plantain trees and papaya as well.  These are the main fruits that the birds are fed.  The property consists of 17 acres of land and 90% of it was cleared for cattle - so it will be reforested with native trees and bushes asap..

Definitely an area that you need espanol in.  Going into the hardware stores, restaurants, etc., I don't think I've run into one person that speaks English.  And have only seen one Gringo.  And very important... they have a good Chinese restaurant there!   :top:

- Expat Dave

Hello. I wonder if you'd rent your current house until you find a buyer. I live in Palmares but want to move to the San Ramon area because a daughter is going to school at the UCR scientific high school.

Plan on moving to CR by May of next year. Anyone that could help with finding a rental house or apartment near the beach would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Law7out

Law7out wrote:

Plan on moving to CR by May of next year. Anyone that could help with finding a rental house or apartment near the beach would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Law7out

Which beach? Which coast? Or is it not important?

Not important. I think maybe south closer to Panama for border run.

Not important think maybe south closer to Panama for border run.??????

There are some bulletin boards around town that might have a rental posted.
If Dave doesn't want to rent, I'd suggest checking out the bulletin board at Mas X Menos coming into town on the right, past the mall about 400 meters. And I can't recall exactly where but maybe some other supermarkets have bulletin boards.
I'd also suggest the San Ramon Facebook group just search and you'll find it. Ask on there for a rental and I imagine you'll get some response.
There's also a realtor or 2 that handle rentals but for the most part they are expensive, or were at the time I checked them out a few years back.

Then, there's this page which used to have some rentals:
http://gringocentral.org/index.html