2015 - anybody in the Ecuador visa pipelines?

Daisuke211 wrote:

Oh my God, is it real that for the first 3 years, a PR cannot leave the country for up to 90 days in total?
From all sources of information, I see that the requirement is not to leave for 90 day PER year of the first 2 years, and after the second year, one can stay out of the country up to 18 months...

What is this?

I am going to apply under the professional type, do you know the via-cable way? Do you know anyone who did it in that method?

Citizenship has the requirement of only being out of the country 90 days in the period of pr, at least 3 years before becoming a citizen. Cccmedia gave you the pr requirements.

Daisuke211,
I used Sara for my pensioner's visa and found her to be an excellent communicator of what I needed to do ahead of time. I could have done the entire application process from the USA, but it would have taken more time than I wished. She and her staff speak English well.

As for the proof of return ticket, I bought a Jet Blue ticket from Quito to Fort Lauderdale, printed the ticket and then cancelled the ticket within 24 hours (for a full refund). No one asked for my proof of ticket, but I made sure i dressed in a professional manner when I boarded the plane. I'm told appearance makes a difference in how airline passengers are treated.

Best of luck,
Dorothy Peck

DorothyPeck wrote:

Daisuke211,
I used Sara for my pensioner's visa and found her to be an excellent communicator of what I needed to do ahead of time. I could have done the entire application process from the USA, but it would have taken more time than I wished. She and her staff speak English well.

As for the proof of return ticket, I bought a Jet Blue ticket from Quito to Fort Lauderdale, printed the ticket and then cancelled the ticket within 24 hours (for a full refund). No one asked for my proof of ticket, but I made sure i dressed in a professional manner when I boarded the plane. I'm told appearance makes a difference in how airline passengers are treated.

Best of luck,
Dorothy Peck

Hi Dorothy

To get your pensioner visa, did you have to prove three months of deposit in your bank account ?  and the return ticket, after printing it, did you cancelled it before or after boarding ? 

Thanks for the answer

Dan

Dan,
I used my letter from the local office of the Social Security Administration which showed my monthly income, signed by an officer there and submitted to the US State Department for apostile. There was no need to submit bank statements since the source of my income was provided by me. I cancelled the ticket before I boarded, but was not asked at the time of boarding for proof of return ticket.

Dorothy

Dorothy,
  I just read your post repeating the letter you received from gringotree.  Did you end up using their services, and if so, do you recommend them?  If not, what did you do?