How to divorce in Jordan Irbed?

Hi Everybody
i am from Jordan i was married 2008 to English women i divorce long time but i didn't do divorce in the court she is in UK i can go to Jordan to make divorce in legal way but she can not go to Jordan so how can i make divorce without attendance her ? Is it possible to make it by my self?   Please who live in Jordan or any information about it give advice Thank you

Hi Jaanym,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Jordan forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thank you :)

Why not divorce in the UK?

Because marriage contact was done in the Irbed.  And we need to follow Jordanian law in divorce in any situation. Because we didn't register in the UK. If from UK i need to do through Jordanian council. I am able to go to the Jordan but only i am worry can i make by myself. Because she is not able to go but she want divorce paper and her final divorce money mahr i will give this all just need to conform is ok to go by myself?

I believe you can get a divorce in Jordan without her attending the court. She doesn't need to go to Jordan. You can do it yourself. It would be a good idea if you contact your Embassy in the UK. They will probably be more helpful than members of this forum.

Thank you for your kind response!  i will try to check with them as well

You said you divorced a long time ago. So I'm assuming you now want to get married in Jordan, so that's why you want to divorce her, and get rid of her? If so, congratulations on your upcoming marriage!

I am married thank you bro! i mean i am divorce long time by Islamic way talaq. I told her she is not my wife and she said i am not her husband. But we are friends long time she is asking divorce paper. I was agree give her money by hand even till now i am helping her . She is friend of my wife as well we help her we support her. But sometimes when she get mad start asking divorce paper she don't want to get money  when i want to give she is saying no it is ok not now when i need. I feel better to finish and close this.

Oh okay. I just thought you wanted to get the divorce papers, in order to start a new married life by getting married in Jordan. I don't understand why she's demanding a divorce paper, when the marriage is registered in Jordan, and not the UK. So it won't actually have an effect on her life, if she's still married in Jordan, unless of course she decides to go to Jordan to get married there again, but that is obviously not likely. You already said you didn't register the marriage in the UK. So like you, she's free to marry anyone she wants here. Therefore it sounds like she wants drama. So I'm certain you will feel better once the divorce is given. She's obviously a pain in the ass.

Yeah exactly! she wants to make a drama  even when she ask divorce paper i said ok let's go to UK court we will ask some solution she doesn't want , so i feel  she wants to play with my life and feel jealous. I am doing good for her because she is old and lonely women we take her for coffee restaurant that she didn't feel lonely she didn't thankful for that. So i will see what she can demand from me after i will give her money and divorce paper.

Yeah I understand. So she just wants attention & someone to talk to. I guess by giving her the divorce paper, she will have to go and find someone else to annoy. Speak to the Embassy to confirm you can do it alone in Jordan. Then go and do it as soon as possible. Come back and give her the divorce paper with the money. Even if she doesn't want the money, just give it to her, so she doesn't use it as an excuse to contact you. Hopefully that will be the end of things.

Yeah hope so 😊.

Hi Maximilen
Can you help me to block my page i don't need to use this Expat.com . How can i close it?

Jaanym wrote:

Hi Maximilen
Can you help me to block my page i don't need to use this Expat.com . How can i close it?

Or you can ask for this thread to be deleted, if you fear she will come across it, and use it as an excuse to annoy you more. Did you confirm with the Embassy?

Hello Jaanym,

If you wish to delete your account, you can click on the "contact us" button at the bottom of your page.  We will do the necessary.

Thank you,

Marjorie