Expat - Indians in PNG, who are moving-in or living-in already

Hi all,

This thread is being created for all Indians who are either moving-in or living-in already in Papua New guinea. Those who are living in PNG please help others who have got job, who are moving-in for other things like tourism, recreational activities.
I can see many Indians have got offers now and are already reaching this site to get informations about PNG. So, lets get connect.

Regards
KSB :thanks:

What religions????????

shuayb wrote:

What religions????????

This is for everyone other than the PNG fellows, as they are the one who is going to guide the foreigners who are either going to move-in for a job or coming there as tourists !!

Regards
Sobhan

I am planing t6 worke in png ofrd salary is 2500 kina with acomodation,  basic kitche items like gyas, fridge.. Can u answr I need unlimitd wifi and what do u think about. I am a nurse.. Can I able to saVe some money.. I am consern about security also, my. Main food  choice is fish and rice. Pls reply

NISSARADOOR wrote:

I am planing t6 worke in png ofrd salary is 2500 kina with acomodation,  basic kitche items like gyas, fridge.. Can u answr I need unlimitd wifi and what do u think about. I am a nurse.. Can I able to saVe some money.. I am consern about security also, my. Main food  choice is fish and rice. Pls reply

Try this site for cost of living www.numbeo.com

Is the accommodation in a secure area with guards
Salary offered is after tax or before tax   
Annual airfares home
Transport
Internet is expensive

Security is something anyone in PNG needs to be aware of. Always try to go shopping with others, Never go out at night by yourself. Be careful if using an ATM. Never wear flashy jewelry.

Ya its aftr tax,acomodation in hospital compound, I have anual air fare up and down, with paid 45 days leave..

NISSARADOOR wrote:

Ya its aftr tax,acomodation in hospital compound, I have anual air fare up and down, with paid 45 days leave..

Hi Nissaradoor,

I guess internet is pretty costly there. Iam also new, will be shifting to PNG in two months. Somewhere i read that some coompany is offereing unlimited interenet for a cheaper kina than the present one. But nobody knows what might be the situation unless we personally go there and check.  You are moving with your family right ? An australian couple told me that they are spending about 250Kina for a week..

Thanks for reply

hi,
i just moved a couple of months back to PNG from Delhi and telling you the facts 2500 Kina is not much enough but you would be able to save 1800 kina Minimum that is almost INR 43000.
Internet is really costly and 60 Kina for 1.5GB 3G data, we are using per week.
safety and security is fine but you can't walk on the roads. where ever you will go you have to move in a car.
if you need any other info i'm ready to help anybody.

Uttam.

Hi EVERYBODY,

I AM IRFAN JUST BEEN A MONTH TIME IN POM,PNG..

ITS GREAT PLACE BUT AT THE END U MUST TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.. AVOID night OUT.. all the accommodation are fully secured..

never go out with out guard or any trusty local...

life is good ..specially who's who want make savings Png is the right place for stop on long terms.. I seen many Indian who are settle in Png from last 3 DECADES AND MORE ITS QUITE UNBELIEVABLE BUT ITS A TRUTH...

I DONT KNOW Y ON NET AND MOST OF THE PEOPLE SAY ITS VERY DANGEROUS PLACE AND ALL SHOWS THE only NEGATIVE PART..
BUT yyyy thERE is no positive thing on net..

If u looks around the globe there is no such places where there no crime ... But the first thing is u should take care of yourself and your safety..

note all ways some golden rules..
always locked your door  weather u r in your home or car or any where..AVOID late night
discos.. specially drunken and driving...

Dear friends,, that's all I can say now which I have feel take care...

I will waits for reply from all everybody...

let's think positive and be positive...

May god bless u with full happiness and a healthy life..in 2015 WISH U A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR...

BYE BYE ...

Hi EVERYBODY..

It's been a month now and looking make contacts with new expats friend or Indian...

Hope to hear from you all...

Wish you a very happy New year2015...

Living in PNG is another experience in life, for I have lived over 28 years. But some I know came to the Air port and left.!
There are smiling faces every where, and simplicity is unique to PNG,warm weather,
First advise I got  when I landed in 1987,was not to go out after 6 p.m, Night life is not safe in PNG.You may end up in the hands of drunkards and criminals.
Always check who is behind your car,specially when driving home. If there is a suspicios vehicle drive towards the Police Station. I do go around a round about, then the car following you will have to go some where.
Lock the car doors when you are on the road,specially traffic lights.

Hi Irfan,

How much is your expense per month now ? Is there any unlimited broadband connection at 1MBps available there ?

hi

i am seems to come in tasty bite please tell me some more about

hello all,

any indians here still in PNG? i am coming to PNG next week and would like to meet some other indians around.

Am happy with indians coming to my country for work or other things because they are the best people i love to know some if its posible am a local i love people from overseas coming n giving a change of life.

Hi this is kumar I got work permit in port with 80000INR and they provide food and accommodation so please tell me how much I save money and also they told me I never have permission to go alone for shopping etc please tell me is safe country to work  and how much I save money please urgent

Hello there,

Hii

Hiii msg me on what's ***

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Kumar
For personal safety reasons please do not post any contact details on the open forum.