I discovered an Astronomy and Robotic Shop in Riyadh!!!

Hi all,

I'm a new expat from Maine USA. I got bored in the Kingdom.
Aside from the malls there's nothing to do except take a flight.

But recently I found a new store which is a first in Saudi arabia.

I first have to say I am not associated with them but since many other expats are not aware of it I thought I would share the news.

They sell Telescopes and robots. Yesterday i spent almost 3 hours with them. There's another american guy who works at the store I think.

I was always afraid to bring any equipment here so it's good now.

The owner is named Kamal. If you want to know where he's located it's on king abdullah road exit 10.

Now that is a very cool find.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Too bad it's so damned far away.

I can't say I am surprised there isn't someone here interested enough to open a shop...but to have a thriving, viable shop would surprise me to a certain degree.

I hope it does well and helps spark the interest in science for some young people to shape their lives with.

Kudos, Maine guy...ayuh.

Feel like going to Ogonquit for the weekend, myself.  The ideal time of year.

Thanks dear, to help me also.

i could not found a dealer shop in kingdom but found a online store overstock.com they ship telescopes in kingdom but shipping charges are bit high....

hello do they have a telescope ?

Can anyone please direct me to a telescope retail outlet in Dammam or Khobar ? I want to make a birthday gift to my wife who loves astronomy. Also any advise on which is a good one upto a budget of SR1500.

Ansamuel wrote:

Can anyone please direct me to a telescope retail outlet in Dammam or Khobar ? I want to make a birthday gift to my wife who loves astronomy. Also any advise on which is a good one upto a budget of SR1500.

I havent used a telescope 🔭, you can try this one if you're interested 👍

Hello, was wondering if there was an astronomy club in riyadh, i'd be happy to share some experiences i've got with my telescope with others ;)