Spanish course in Madrid

Hi all

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good Spanish course in Madrid?

Thank you
Gemma

Hola, Gemma!

- enforex.com/?ln=en
- inhispania.com/english_welcome.htm

Saludos.

Hi Gemma,

I invite you to please post an advert in the Language classes in Madrid section :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Hola, Gemma. One option is MOOC classes. I just finished Español Salamanca A2 through MiriadaX and highly recommend it. This course is not interactive though, but it is free. Coursera is another MOOC platform.

I understand your wanting to hang out with English speakers in Madrid but I would suggest that you limit that handicap. Pretend that you've been married off to a Spanish prince and that now have no choice but to learn the language.

¡Buena suerte!

Haha thank you for the advice, I like the imagery!

That course look good, thank you so much
--Gemma

Hola Gemma  :cheers: :

I have just seen your question. I teach Spanish. If you still havenŽt picked a school... this is my website: [link moderated]

In case this interests you I am available. If you choose another one, wish you the best luck.

Hasta luego.

Hi Gemma, 
I work in Oneills Irish bar in the city centre and we organise a bi -weekly intercambio de idiomas (language exchange) on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's a very relaxed atmosphere and a brilliant way to meet new people where you can put your Spanish to work straight away. We're always looking for native english speakers as there are obviously a lot of Spanish people looking to practice their english ;) we also organise other social activities such as cinema night, day trips etc..If you're interested in checking it out, just let me know and I'll give you all the details. Good luck with the move to Madrid.
Regards, Mark.

Hello all,
I am part of a group of people studying spanish-in Mumbai,India.
I plan to immerse myself in spain or some of the spanish speaking country.
Is that practical?Advice requested on any aspect including the time frame etc.
Best wishes,
Art

Yes please!

Yo comer pizza, she said, but I couldnt tell when (time/tense) she did this. Heres a conjugation practice program for the PC. Start with hablar, comer, and vivir, and skip the perfect (haber) tenses. Downloading the source is optional; to read the source, either change its .wbt extension to .txt, or open it using Notepad or Wordpad. 
Here's the link to the SpConjQz executable:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwkooz … sp=sharing
Here's the link to the SpConjQz source code (not necessary):

And, heres a program to help you tell time. To terminate, hit Ctrl+break. Ive got it set as part of my PCs Startup sequence.
The latest version can always be found at:
Here's the source code. 

Both are free to use and share.

Hi there, I took a course at La Aventura Española Madrid in the Salamanca barrio in Madrid. Amazing teachers and a great atmosphere I would definitely recommend it...

laemadrid.com

They also do cultural activities etc outside of the lessons so you meet lots of people!

Emma

Hola, Emma. What book(s) do they use? I've bought Gramática de uso del español B1-B2 by Luis Aragonés at Casa del libro (there are 3 locations in Madrid) for 18,65€. It's okay but it doesn't seem to include Complemento (In)Directo or (In)Transitive Verbs. Hmmm. One thing that classes and/or teachers offer beyond books is how to BE Spanish -- what they have been through, to get to why they are the way they are today.

[Moderated : No free adverts on the forum, please drop relevant links or adverts in the Classifieds section ]

I know the EOI and this one is very nice. You should check the webpage.

A friend of mine who did his exchange semester in Madrid attended this school as well and liked it a lot.

Si estás hablando, la probabilidad existe que el español con quien hablas se ha muerto.

If you are talking, the possibility exists that the Spaniard with whom you are talking has died.

It turns out that the book Gramática de uso del español B1-B2 does include Complemento (In)Directo. It/they goes/go by the name Pronombres Personales de Objeto (Unidad 27 a 30). In dámelo (give it to me), da is the verb (give), me is the Indirect Object (¿a quién? to whom?), and lo (¿qué? what?) is the Direct Object (it). The i and n in ¿a quién? help me remember INdirect.

Hi Gemma,
I recommend you AIL Madrid. It's a really great school with an extensive offer of Spanish language classes and fun afternoon activities in the evening. Check it out!

Hi Gemma,

There are plenty of language schools in Madrid. I recommend you to visit a private institute. Some Universities offer classes, too, but the class sizes are rather big with 20+ students per class. I personally made good experience with Ailola Madrid - ailolamadrid.com. I heard Sampere - sampere.com is also goo but more expensive. The biggest schools are probably Don Quijote - donquijote.org and Enforex - enforex.com which also have schools in other cities. I heard mixed reviews about them simply because they are pretty big and for some may be to impersonal.

I can only recommend you to speak as much Spanish as possible without falling into the trap to making friends only with foreigners and speaking English. Try to find Spanish friends. It's like a Spanish course for free ;-)

Stephen

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and sharing except you guys should know that Gemma started this thread like a year ago :)

I guess she already found some Spanish course in Madrid :)

If you do have some good recommendations I will invite to please do it here ----> Madrid business directory :)

Maximilien