Interested in living in El Salvador and looking for jobs!

Hello everyone!

I am 25 years old and recent university graduate and I am looking to find work in El Salvador, hopefully sometime next year. I am trying to start my footwork early and also get some idea of the chances that I have and am looking for any suggestions and information. I have visited the country once before for five weeks when I volunteered teaching English to 1st-5th graders. I am returning to the country this August for 2 weeks as well to do some serious looking around and hopefully networking with ex-pats.

I have a bachelors degree and working experience in Graphic Design. I also have a minor in Education. I'm interested in teaching in either of these areas. My boyfriend lives in El Salvador and we hope to start a life together. I won't go too far into this sob story though...I have contacted some schools already, even if I have a low chance of being employed by them.
For example, I contacted Escuela Americana, but I don't hold teaching certification...I am a native English speaker and I speak conversational Spanish. Any thoughts, ideas , suggestions, opportunities, etc? I know about call centers, but I am an American citizen and a gringa, so I don't know how well that would work out.  I am interested in the areas of San Salvador, Santa Tecla or Antiguo Cuscatlán. (Antiguo most of all)

I understand that El Salvador's economy is harsh, but I am willing to give it a try. :)

Thank you so much!

Hi,

I am in the same boat. I moved to El Salvador a month ago after visiting her 3 times over the last year. I live in the Ciudad Delgado section, with my boyfriend, of San Salvador. I have a degree in teaching English. I work online right now, but next week I will have 2 interviews with schools in the area.

If you need a teaching certification, there are many online TEFL diplomas and certificates. I did mine through ITTO in Guadalajara 4 years ago.

If you want to chat more, look me up on Facebook. My name is Sara Tyler Brady.

Good luck :)