Charity Shop in Okayama - Infoz plz

Hi, I am hoping to open a charity shop(op,goodwill shop) in Okayama. Anyone done anything similar and have any good advice, pitfalls or useful comments? Thank you.

Hello Kathrynsanday and welcome on board :)

Just to inform you that a new thread has been created with your post in the Okayama Forum so as to help you get better response with your query.

Regards

Kenjee

Hi,
I live in Okayama and have done for about 13 years.
What sort of goods will you selling?
I would be happy to offer my services if needed as a volunteer.
I have thought often about finding some volunteer work.
Best regards,
Jeff

I will be selling used clothing in sizes suitable for foreigners, small household appliances, shoes, bags, accessories, used English books and learning Japanese books. There will be a reading area with free coffee and homemade cakes. 77% of the profit will go to help underpriveledged children with the remaining 33% going to animal rescue in Osaka. volunteers will be welcome.

My biggest hurdle is renting the empty shop I want in Omoto cho. The owner is in Tokyo and can't be bothered and the 2nd choice is smaller. I have stockpiled loads of goods and hope to open late September when I get back from the UK.

Thank you.

I will be there in September and would be happy to help as a volunteer.
Jeff

Thank you.

I would just say that there are people here rescuing animals. Japanese people that is. I am sure some of those could advise you about obtaining an empty property here. There are loads of them. Forget owners in tokyo.
Jeff