Anyone in Irbid?

So we have moved... to Irbid. Yeah it is a start but we need to make some friends. My husband is origionally from here but has not lived here in like 8 years and I have visited here about 4 times and we have 2 kids, Yusuf(3) and Lulu(8mo). We love making new friends.

Hi Katie and welcome to expat bog :)
Wishing you success in your new venture!
Arlette

Hey Katie,

How's it going in Irbid.? I lived there April-August 2007. I am an american married to a jordanian man. I spent sometime there with my in-laws. I have to be honest it was quite boring. My family lives near the university street.  Wish you the best there in Irbid.

-Um Anzur

BORING is the word to describe it. You know it is good to visit family but it is even better when waiving out the car window good-bye. It is just temporary and soon we will be in Amman. Are you in Jordan still? (um anzur)

hello Um anzur... welcome to Amman..
here u can catch many ftriends ... me is one :)

Looking for expat moms living in Irbid area. Are there any mommy and baby groups or activities to do in Irbid area?

hi!

My husband is talking about moving to Jordan to live in Irbid!  Things here in the UK are not good financially and he can not reach his full potential but feels he can being back in Jordan.  I believe that this could also be the case!

However, I have a baby who is 9 months old and a small dog!  My worries are like I guess many of other ex-pats the life changes that one will have to make. 

I would like to start meeting some british women who are in the same boat lol. My husband is originally palestinian but has a Jordanian passport who calls Jordan his home. His family is there and I have visited a few times before.  I will be in Jordan hopefully in March/April 2012 looking at the ways of life perhaps and meeting the family with my baby.  In the mean time I would like start a friendship through emails so I will transition better.

I'm hoping to find women that I can eventually call my friends.

Hi, I know that this has been a while but I guess there are other people in Irbid :) I live in Hakama but work in Irbid as an English teacher (go figure)!  Still here but agree with one of the posters, I would like it better waving good-bye! It is pretty boring but I don't have much time to go out anyway as I FEEL as if I am working all the time.  If you, or any others are still in the area, drop me a line.

Hi all, I live near Irbid, in a village, I can never wave goodbye, well, I guess unless I'm coming to visit you all in Irbid!!!
Yes there is a Mommy group and we are all very happy to have found each other. Our children are doing better because of this...as we know, everyone needs a friend!!

I realize that the girl from the UK mentioned if there are any British women...well, I'm not from the UK, but I went to the University of London one semester and have friends from there,  as well as in Manchester and the Lake District,and my family's lineage in English. So, maybe you are interested in my friendship.

My two boys are 6 and 9 years old and we are from Southern California and are pretty relaxed people who like exploring and doing fun things. The moms I associate with here are very nice and all aspire to make this life change worth it by contributing to society in various ways. If this sounds like it vibes with you, drop me a line and we'll plan for a day to get together.

PS To the girl who is bringing her dog, have you come yet? My kids adore dogs and would love to play with him/her. Also, guard him/her and NEVER let him outside alone. If you don't understand now, you will, unfortunately. And if you're shipping your stuff here...stock up on LARGE bags of dog food as it is MUCH cheaper where you come from than over here, if it's the same as cat food.

Hi guys,

I will be moving to Jordan/Irbid in mid august with my two kids and would like to make some new friends. I've been to Jordan several times before but this will be the first time that I will be getting my own place. I'm gonna stay with my in laws while I get my place ready/still haven't found one yet!

Wow! thanks for the quick response I will certainly check in with u once I get there and settle in. Can u please let me know of any twobdrm apts that may be availabe in Irbid?

Hi, I am new here, exploring. Im mom with 2 kids.

If anyone arranging meeting in Irbid,  make friends and fun, Im in.

Hey there California! Welcome to the Jordan valley! You came to the right place (forum-wise speaking) as nearly all the ladies on this post are now good friends who live within a few kilo of each other. We meet up as regularly as we can; some us often weekly or daily. Our 2nd families are located in villages all around Irbid, even outside in my case. If you'd like to get to know us, and if ya got a facebook, go to facebook.com/groups/125205330943948/ and knock on the door! We'd love to meet you!

It were directed to anyone on ze California list :D Firstly to the last poster, PrideoftheNorth ;) and thence to thee and so forthly and all :D:D Where in Cali do ya hail from?

I just moved from bay area, California little over a month ago n residing with my husbands family in As-sarih near irbid.  Temporary for now till we move to our own. Do you ladies drive around here? It seems pretty crazy how people drive m not following any rules. I plan to drive shortly once we get the cars. Just need your opinions how you feel about driving.. Is it difficult at the beginning to adjust n such?

Thanks

Roz

If you knew how to drive in the states, particularly if you learned in high-traffic terrible road areas, then you'll adjust fine. Sherri seems to have done well :D Are you guys house-apt hunting in Irbid or Amman?

Yes I drove back in states, n I miss driving so much here..pretty weird..as usually I would get sick of driving back in states. We plan to stay in irbid for the first 6 months or so then eventually move to the capital.

I used to go to school in Irbid