Any expats in Izmir?

Hi we've just moved from Istanbul to Izmir (I'm Indian my husband is Turkish)
I was wondering if there are any expats living here at all?!!

Of course. You may follow me at twitter @oemoral

Hi Anjana. it is nice to hear from your side. i am turkish living in Bangalore.:)

and currently i am in Ankara. it is great to hear that u are in Izmir.let me know if u have any plans for Ankara?

take care

@ Omoral : Thank you :)

Hi Halime! :) Great to hear from you.. wow Bangalore! I come from Bombay, never been to bangalore but i've heard its a nice city.
What did you think of it?
Aaah i don't think we will be coming to Ankara since my fiance is working the whole week :(
But if we do manage to make any plans i'll definitely tell you!
How long will you be there for?

Take care
Have a nice day x

Bangalore is a rocking city:) i have been living and working there since 2007.:)

i m gonna be in Ankara till the mid-june.:) then will do a small trip inside Turkey: Antalya- Fethiye- Istanbul:)

Then i ll fly to my lovely Bangalore.:) Mumbai is such a shiny city wow:) as a bollywood freak:P

It s so nice to hear that u have a special connection with Turkey. i am glad to hear that.:)

would like to know more about you.:)

my mail id: [email protected]

Have fun in Izmir:)

Can anyone help me about moving to Izmir. I am currently living in Istanbul with my Turkish boyfriend. However due to financial concerns and my lack of teaching qualification I am going to move back to Ireland for 6 months to save more money. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to get an English teaching job in Izmir. I do have some teaching experience but I do not have any qualifications such as TEFL. My second question is, is it possible to get certified as an English Teacher in Izmir and find an english teaching job at the same time. Or would I be better to get my TEFL or another teaching certificate whilst back In Belfast Northern Ireland. Thank you for all who will reply back to me. (Also I do have a degree but it is in Management).

Hi pvogan!  :) Could you please start a new topic with your questions on the Izmir forum. Thank you.

Mike here. Nice to meet you. Here is my blog. nomadicjoe.blogspot.com

hi everyone,
i have been living in Washington DC for 3 years. i was doing my mba, now i m going back to istanbul for good. i ll be in istanbul next week. i had lots of friends from different cultures, backgrounds and religions, and it was so much fun for me. So what i m trying to say is that i would love to meet expats who are in Turkey now. anyone who needs help can ask me

Welcome to Expat.comm Sottosero ! :)

Maybe you'd like to participate also in Istanbul's forum?

Cheers
Arlette

i m french expat !!!

Hi anjana,

im planning on trying to find a job out there for maybe january/feb time!!! are u working there??

hi anjana i am living in izmir with my famliy.in izmir where r u living

hi sottosero

i am expatriate from egypt, i will elocate to istanbul soon , love to meet peoplke with different cultures there, i hope you can help me in that way
thanks
ihab

Try the IWAI.
Isla x

:) Hi,
I finally did a little while ago!! Met a lot of nice people.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Hey Anjana - I am now lıvıng ın Izmır and goıng for englısh teachıng job ıntervıews! How are you fındıng lıfe here? whereabouts do you lıve? Have you met any other expats? I only know one other englısh gırl :)

Hi Nicky!
I'm in mavisehir (karsiyaka) what about you? Izmir is nice.... the people here are so nice! But life is a bit slow here :)
I found out about this organisation called the IWAI (international women's association of Izmir) and met a lot of other expats which was great!
How is the job search going?
What do you think of izmir? :)

hi anjana how are u...iam from uk and new to izmir can u help  me show city....hahahah and iam nt a indian and i love to know more about mumbai and other part of india.i heard that india is very country and i also know1 person in india aslo.lolzzzzz:o:o:o

hey anjana - im in dogan cay! a ten minure bus ride from karsiyaka! would be great to meet for a coffee or cay! i have found some teaching jobs all in konak so am hoping to start something in a week or so. are you working out there? that organisation sounds great - i didnt think i would be able to find any ex pats out here! :)

hey anjana plz relpy to nicky she wants to have a coffee with u....am i rigth nicky

very intresting brother plz u both carry on with coffe.....

Hi Anjana and Nicky!  I'm going to be moving about an hour south of Izmir in March.  I'd love to try to meet up some time.  I'm going to be in Guzelcamli, which is a little outside of Kusadasi.  I'm sure I'm going to want to get up to the "big city" sometimes :)

Hi Caroline :) it would be great to meet whenever you are here! i'll inbox you my email address

Hi  I m Dev from India and in Bursa now . Nice to hear about my country so good from you
Turkey is also a very nice country
my mail id - [email protected]

halime0607 wrote:

Bangalore is a rocking city:) i have been living and working there since 2007.:)

i m gonna be in Ankara till the mid-june.:) then will do a small trip inside Turkey: Antalya- Fethiye- Istanbul:)

Then i ll fly to my lovely Bangalore.:) Mumbai is such a shiny city wow:) as a bollywood freak:P

It s so nice to hear that u have a special connection with Turkey. i am glad to hear that.:)

would like to know more about you.:)

my mail id: [email protected]

Have fun in Izmir:)

Hi Anjana

Nice to see you . I m Dev from India and right now I m Bursa ( Turkey ) . If u and your fiance want to meet or talk to me it will be a great pleasure to me . I m feeling very alone in this country although there are so many thing to see but India is India.
my email id
[email protected]

Anjana wrote:

Hi we've just moved from Istanbul to Izmir (I'm Indian my fiance is Turkish)
I was wondering if there are any expats living here at all?!!

hi anjana..been a long time:) seems that u found some interesting things to do, not to stay at home and play with peanut :)
   PS: hey guys..whoever is coming to this beautiful                  city(izmir,kusadasi...etc..),welcome to the paradise :)

Hi my name is Alex,

I've been living in Izmir with my husband since September. I really like it here, but it would be great to meet some people!!

welcome to the paradise.. :)

Hi Alex,
Hw r u, :)its Mukesh here, presently i liv in india.  planning to come to Izmir on a job assignment.
i too don't know anybody out there in Izmir, or for that matter anybody in Turkey. 
it wud be pleasure to hv a frnd like you.
pls tell me about the culture n people of Turkey, is it a liberal place or wht. etc etc.
bye for now
waiting for ur reply:):D

alexyilmaz wrote:

Hi my name is Alex,

I've been living in Izmir with my husband since September. I really like it here, but it would be great to meet some people!!

Hi,

I am moving to Izmir at the end of August to work and it would be great to meet some English speaking people who already live there.

Suki

Hello! There are plenty of expats living in Izmir and we gather from time to time. Just search expat izmir group in facebook, and join to the club! :)

mustafadinc1986 wrote:

Hello! There are plenty of expats living in Izmir and we gather from time to time. Just search expat izmir group in facebook, and join to the club! :)

Thank you! I will have a search for it!

Suki

sharma_m30 wrote:

Hi Alex,
Hw r u, :)its Mukesh here, presently i liv in india.  planning to come to Izmir on a job assignment.
i too don't know anybody out there in Izmir, or for that matter anybody in Turkey. 
it wud be pleasure to hv a frnd like you.
pls tell me about the culture n people of Turkey, is it a liberal place or wht. etc etc.
bye for now
waiting for ur reply:):D

alexyilmaz wrote:

Hi my name is Alex,

Hi Mukesh, I'm sorry for my late reply :-(
When do you plan to come to Izmir?
I think that Turkey is a great Country, there are many beautiful places to see. I like living in Izmir as it's very modern, yet very traditional at the same time.
bye for now
Alex
:-)

Hey Suki. welcome. but i guess you didnt join the group yet.

to all expats: you can join The Izmir Expat International Group in facebook to meet the others and to share. :)

Hi, Im living in Bayrakli, Izmir, I am looking for friends :) sounds sad dosn't it haha but I don't think I'm just going run in to people that can speak English! Is anyone interested in setting up a meeting somewhere, for coffee and and a chat?  My husband is Turkish and he works as a musician here in Izmir, it would be great to make some friends so I can start filling my empty diary!

nickydreamsofturkey wrote:

Hey Anjana - I am now lıvıng ın Izmır and goıng for englısh teachıng job ıntervıews! How are you fındıng lıfe here? whereabouts do you lıve? Have you met any other expats? I only know one other englısh gırl :)

Thats brill i just joined...THANKS :):)

suki2011 wrote:
mustafadinc1986 wrote:

Thank you! I will have a search for it!

Suki

Welcome to the group! Our friend added you before me :P

Follow the group and we meet regularly.

Hi Suki :) message once you get here i'll be happy to meet for a coffee and a chat :) 

suki2011 wrote:

Hi,

I am moving to Izmir at the end of August to work and it would be great to meet some English speaking people who already live there.

Suki