Annulment

He P42,000 he is surely drank!  if the ground for annulment is psychological incapacity, he will not an expert.  An expert witness is from around P20,000-30,000; This expert is a license psychologist.  He has to file for the petition and by doing so he has to pay for docket fee of almost P5,000.00;  How about his acceptance fee?  How about his appearances in Court?  How about the copying/notarial of all the documents he needs to file in court? The following are the hearings that the presence of the lawyer is required:
1.  Filing of the Petition - raffled - service of notice to the osg,fiscal, clerk of court by the service - 1mo.
2..  Collusion - 1 mo. - if the court is not too busy
3.. Preliminary Conference -1 mo.if the court is not too busy
4. Direct Examination of (4 witnesses) - if he wants to win he needs 3 witnesses - Totality rule plus the expert - 4 witnesses - 4 months
5.. Last Hearing - a chance to the ex-spouse to oppose the annulment - 1 mo.

Total already of 8 months, then you wait for the decision of the judge, he has 3 months to resolve the case based on the Rules of Court; then the Office of the Solicitor General will oppose; then you oppose the opposition;

The above is based on the fact there is no opposition from the spouse.  So 1 year and half it should be finished.  Just a waiting game now.  then when there is a finality of judgement; you take this to the National Statistic Office to correct the Marriage Certificate. (a month at most - unless unless...)

P300,000 too expensive!

Hello, Can i ask where to go to apply for
nullity of marriage? Please i really need soni can have my marriage annuled.

How can I contact her lawyer friend?can u give my email, *** I would be very greatful. Please

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

all u need to do is consult a lawyer...i have a friend who was separated from her hubby for more than 18 yrs, now she and her bf wants to get married, what we did was we went to the legal office  of one of the the city here in metromanila and asked for advise theirs different advise depending on the situation of marriage, she still need to file annullment in court...my situation is different my ex hubby had a previous marriage prior to our marriage, i just need to file a declaration of nullity , its cheaper than annullment.....by the way we were not asked to pay for the consultation...

- @Bluezy

hi @Buezy - good day. just trying my luck to reach you as its quite 8 years past from your post. Could you share your lawyer details? and does you gave idea how much it cost to nullify marriage?
My sister in law had her marriage to a Filipino annulled after he deserted her and their baby. It took 3 years and many court hearings. It would have been quicker I believe if the judge actually showed up for all the hearings. When the judge was finally ready to announce his decision he required P100,000 in bribe money in order to render a favorable verdict, he knew there was an American involved. After, a bit of haggling they settled on P60,000 and the marriage was annulled, simple as that.

@MilDoc819 first off the Philippines would not charge bigamy charges filed by your husband unless he had a lot of money, and if he could pay, can he show support for the last 10 years, the court system in the Philippines is not like your first world court  no trial by jury, judges make very little money, they survive by taking bribes, a case would bleed your husband dry, I imagine he has had a partner also

There is no proper legal system in the Philippines, there is always a way if you have money, Judges do not make that much of a salery, so they make up for that in other ways, you wonder how you can be convicted of a crime and never spend a day in jail, owe billions in taxes and walk away, it is the culture of corruption, and the Philippines has moved up 3 places on the chart of most corrupt countries they are 33 out of 100
There is no proper legal system in the Philippines, there is always a way if you have money, Judges do not make that much of a salery, so they make up for that in other ways, you wonder how you can be convicted of a crime and never spend a day in jail, owe billions in taxes and walk away, it is the culture of corruption, and the Philippines has moved up 3 places on the chart of most corrupt countries they are 33 out of 100
- @Okieboy

Yes. E g

/Let free of two rich Filipinos direct after the case - fast - had been in court, only sentenced to the few months they had been in custody inspite of found guilty to stab one to death. If it wouldnt have been very clear VIDEO proof I wouldnt have found it suprising if found not guilty.  (I have seen the video myself.)

/Found guilty to have made a killing SELF inspite if he could proove he wasnt even in the Philippines (was in USSA) when it happened!!! Some "witness" said he had seen him doing it! (I have jjust been told the story.)
Coach, Okie and Moon Dog have hit the nail on the head, annulments are revenue generators.

From personal experience, they are a grueling process here, a multitude of hearings, multiple psychological interviews of the applicant, postponements, character reviews, etc. All of this is paid by the applicant. After 15 months or so I was into it for 100K (inclusive of the 3rd party psychological interviews), and the money clock was still ticking. My lawyer is a straight arrow, and showed me all of legal cost disbursements at the time, and having some experience with divorce in Western countries, I was surprised at the disbursement list.

During the hiring interview for my lawyer, he was very clear that I was never to be seen or spoke of, as the costs will skyrocket. Putting aside the Concubinage / Adultery laws here, which are archaic and rarely enforced, the main concern was the cost implications to me.

Even though my fiances "ex to be" was a nefarious individual with a proven Bureau of Corrections track record and a current  mailing address at a corrections facility, it amounted to very little.

We eventually got through it via a strange set of circumstances which were a surprise to us both.

The long and short of this, annulment here is not for the faint of heart, it will require fairly deep pockets, and will also require a high level of vigilance.
Puddman said:Coach, Okie and Moon Dog have hit the nail on the head, annulments are revenue generators.

From personal experience, they are a grueling process here, a multitude of hearings, multiple psychological interviews of the applicant, postponements, character reviews, etc. All of this is paid by the applicant.
Recently on old dog new tricks (Paul in the Philippines) had a you tube video where an Expat was successful getting a stateside divorce from a Philippine marriage.

In essence the plaintiffs lawyer in the US sent appropriate notices of the intent to divorce to all possible ways of reaching the defendant in good faith. After a reasonable time with no response the Judge issued the divorce decree.

The plaintiff claims he is now single while the defendant wherever she is, is still considered married.

@Cynthiavilla  I am sure you have to take the court decision to the municipality where the marriage is registered. They are the ones to issue orders to PSA for records correction. N SO no longer exists.

The court is the one issuing the Order to nullify the marriage and the Order is directed to the Civil Registrar where the annulled marriage was solemnized and also the PSA previously the NSO;
Once the decision of the court becomes final meaning a Certificate of Finality  issued by the court, the court will send a copy at the civil registrar where the annulled marriage was solemnized and the Philippine Statistic Authority formerly the NSO; the lawyer knows this process and can help his/her client secure the amended Marriage Certificate from the PSA where the annulled status of the marriage will appear;

Keep safe!

@myconcern -Declaration of Nullity is what you prayed for from the Court; Annulment just the same; similar animals; one is not cheaper from another and vice versa;