Best way to find an apartment

I am moving to Guangzhou in mid April 2014 and I need to be in the Liwan District or close by on Line 1.  Can anyone suggest the best way to find apartment options or a reliable real estate agent that manages that area.  I am looking for 1 or 2 bed furnished apartment.  My only requirement is that the area and/or building is safe and secure.

Hi Charmz30,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Guangzhou forum as it may bring more light to your questions. :)
Do note that the Flats for rent in Guangzhou section is at your entire disposal, feel free to post your request there.

This article may also help : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/chi … china.html

Priscilla

The best thing you can do when you look at apartments is bring along a Chinese person with you.  It doesn't matter if you can speak Chinese or not.  If you're not Chinese, you'll pay a much higher price.  A Chinese friend can help with that.

you can check 58.com you can find but most of them are agencies so you can go to see the flat but most of time is not  the same as photo but you will find your apartment cheers

sam99999 wrote:

you can check 58.com you can find but most of them are agencies so you can go to see the flat but most of time is not  the same as photo but you will find your apartment cheers

This sounds like a terrible site to use.

Charmz30 wrote:

I am moving to Guangzhou in mid April 2014 and I need to be in the Liwan District or close by on Line 1.  Can anyone suggest the best way to find apartment options or a reliable real estate agent that manages that area.  I am looking for 1 or 2 bed furnished apartment.  My only requirement is that the area and/or building is safe and secure.

Did you have any luck finding somewhere I'm in exactly the same position but I'm moving down on May 13th.

you 'd better find a local Chinese with you when you look for a apartment. it is hard to find a good apartment if you are not familiar with this district. and you will be cheated for the price.  I am a native in GuangZhou.  Find me if you meeting programs on searching apartment in GuangZhuo,  I will help you bargaining.

Quickh00 wrote:
Charmz30 wrote:

Did you have any luck finding somewhere I'm in exactly the same position but I'm moving down on May 13th.

you 'd better find a local Chinese with you when you look for a apartment. it is hard to find a good apartment if you are not familiar with this district. and you will be cheated for the price.  I am a native in GuangZhou.  Find me if you meeting programs on searching apartment in GuangZhuo,  I will help you bargaining.

That's cool. I have Chinese friends down there I can call upon. Was just wondering if people had a service they'd recommend.

Here in Hangzhou I had a company help me look for places etc, but ended up going for a local estate agents because the company didn't deal with my district because it was too far out of the city,