Find the home of your dreams !

Dear all friends on Expat.com
I am  a well-known  realtor representing  for sale and for rent in Cambodia. I want to help and shear the life style of home and design to make you feel home!

Enjoy my service and hope to see you soon if you need help !

So, can foreigners own property in Cambodia?

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Yes, foreigners can own properties above the ground floor. In order to purchase land or property on the ground floor you will need to have a Khmer partner 51/49 %. I am pretty sure this topic has been covered in more detail, just have a search through previous posts and you should be able to find out more.

rarky wrote:
Tran Hung Dao wrote:

Yes, foreigners can own properties above the ground floor. In order to purchase land or property on the ground floor you will need to have a Khmer partner 51/49 %. I am pretty sure this topic has been covered in more detail, just have a search through previous posts and you should be able to find out more.

Thanks for the info.  I should have asked the question, Can foreigners own land?  To me, a condo or a building without the underlying land is a useless investment as it always depreciates.  The land underneath it, however, always appreciates.  So when I mentioned property, I meant land.  And I mean ownership as in 100% ownership.

To which I believe you answered NO to my question.

Note:   If you (the foreigner) want to buy a ground floor house or land in Cambodia,

You must follow 4 options :
Option 1 : Through the Company (forming a company)
Option 2   : Through Long Term Lease Agreement (50-70 or 90 year lease)
Option 3   : Through Khmer Citizenship
Option 4  : Through a Cambodian Citizen (nominee agreement).