Decent salary in Italy GENOVA (GENOA)

Greetings my international friends.

I have been offered a position in Genoa Italy with a salary of 60K (Euros) annually.

I did research and then some! But I can not satisfy my curiosity. I also have been offered a position in Seattle for about 100K (Dollars). I figure with the tax deductions and net/gross income.. those 2 amounts are quite similar. Of course I would then choose Italy.

With a salary of 100K in Seattle, I would be very well off. But I have absolutely no feel about Italy. I have no idea if 60K euros is a good salary, and how cheap I would need to be. Is this a decent Salary? Renting a room.. living with a roommate... ideally live alone but not sure if that will be enough money?

I am very simple. I do not spend much and don't live large. I probably buy a motor cycle to save on gas, I do not need to eat lobster and salmon every week. Just a single guy that just want to do some moderate travelling and live "normally" without having to count pennies. I think my salary will only be taxed 4% due to some international treaties.

I would love your different opinions on this and if it will be hard to live on this salary.

Thanks very much folks.
Jer.

Hi Jerryll,

I think that you should get some answers about cost of living in Italy if you can go to this link below :
http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thank you. That was very helpful.