New members of the Turks and Caicos Islands forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,
Just join the group while searching information about TCI.
Since planning to move Provo for my job in couple of months, I've been digging information for days.
I'm really glad to find this group, because it's hard to find information elsewhere.
Hope to join TCI life soon!

Thanks,

Let me know if i can be of any assistance!

Thanks for greeting, and will do!

Hi KihyunKim,

All the best with your forthcoming move.

Keep us posted:-)

Best wishes

Kemi

Thank you and happy to be here! I first moved here March 7 2016 and remained for 10 months. I've since returned as of June 1 and am hoping to become much more acquainted with the island.

First 2 things on my agenda are finding a scooter or car to purchase, hoping to not get gouged like a tourist!?!?! Is that possible? Don't know where to go... And, my hair! I'd love to find a GREAT colorist and person who does Brazilian Blo-outs. Would appreciate any advice on this, so I don't just walk into 'any' salon.

Thanks for the Welcome!

Dana

AM BRIGHT OPPONG FROM GHANA WEST AFRICA AN EVENT PLANNER MY CLIENT CHOOSE TO DO A WEEDING IN THE TURKS AND CAICOS ON HIS HOLIDAYS ANS AM COMING TO DO ARRANGEMENTS TOWARDS THANT THERE I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT SECURITY ISSUES BECAUSE I HEAD ABOUT SOME VIOLENCE NOT LONG A GO AND ALSO AND MORE INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP MY STAY FOR THE PROGRAM. THANK YOU

not sure on the blow dry but for cars check out the TCI groups on facebook, best one is Virtual Garage Sale/Turks & Caicos!

happy car hunting!

would suggest you get it checked over by a mechanic before purchase - i would suggest genesis auto (GAME) which is down southdock.

coming from west africa i assume you are very observant of your surroundings, make sure you lock up, and dont take things for granted. as long as you do the same here i would think you would be fine.

crime has been on the rise but a few guys were arrested recently so we will see if the crime is now curbed.

BRITEKAY wrote:

AM BRIGHT OPPONG FROM GHANA WEST AFRICA AN EVENT PLANNER MY CLIENT CHOOSE TO DO A WEEDING IN THE TURKS AND CAICOS ON HIS HOLIDAYS ANS AM COMING TO DO ARRANGEMENTS TOWARDS THANT THERE I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT SECURITY ISSUES BECAUSE I HEAD ABOUT SOME VIOLENCE NOT LONG A GO AND ALSO AND MORE INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP MY STAY FOR THE PROGRAM. THANK YOU

Thank you for the suggestions... I really appreciate it and will look into. Surprised you can't help me with my hair salon quest... thanks for leaving me hangin'...

Have a good night

As a male with limited hair a colour and blow dry has never been on my agenda 😂😂

No problems and any other questions send me a message and I'll try my best to answer !

Hi everyone.  We are considering retiring in TCi and are visiting next month.  Ive been researching residency, cost of living, condo prices, etc.  I know this is an open ended topic, but if any one has any advise either general or specific please share!!  I look forward to our conversations.

Most TCI message boards in general (here and british expat forum) are notoriously quiet.. everyone is having too much fun on the beach over pina coladas!

if i can be of assistance drop me a private message with your queries.

Cheers!

Hi GSoJo!

Not a problems, i decided when i moved i was going to attempt to be a font of knowledge for all people curious about the TCI as i know how difficult it is finding information!

buying a local car isnt always a no no, you just have to be very careful.. saying that a lot of the time it is easier to get straight from source as you can get a mechanic to check out the car, put new tyres on etc. before it gets here.

I know of people that have used japanesevechicles.com and had a great experience but i have never used it myself, the issue i found is the lengthy wait to receive the car and i needed something asap when i arrived.

let me know if you have any other queries - im in provo so may differ to your experiences in GT!

Thanks

Skip

GSoJo wrote:

Heya Skip,

Reading through your postings has been so helpful since my decision to relocate here.

Can you assist with me with suggestions of website to buy cars from. I understand buying a local car is a no no.

I've heard of japanesevehicles.com are there any other sites you could recommend.

Hi there again, how are you?

I've been living here with my boyfriend. I'm in the need of an immediate place to live. Wondering if you know of anything available at all or a person who would want to rent a room in their home to an educated, working American from California who is needing transitional to permanent housing immediately. Anything?

Dana

Hey Dana

I sent you a pm

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751455

Thanks!

Closed