New members of the Martinique forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Martinique forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Martinique if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hi guys!my name is vasiliki.i come from greece and the last one year i work in paris at disneyland!but i would like to change job and i m searching for something new in Martinique.I m interest in hotels and restaurants!thank you! :)

hi julien!thank you for the reply!have a nice day!

hello everybody! my name is dimitri.im olso working at disneyland paris and would like to have a change in my life and work in matinique in the tourist session. i have french nationality and speak very well french,english and greek. if anyone can tell me where i can search for jobs or olso to send my cv it will be very helpfull and olso how dificult is to come there for new expirience. thank you :)

Hi everybody,

My name is Oana and I live in Martinique for almost three years now. I'm originally from The Netherlands and came to Martinique following the love of my life who happened to live here, of all places. After three years I can count the mount of foreigners I've met on my two hands... I just want to know if there are foreigners or English speaking people 😛 in Martinique. My experience with French people has been difficult being a non-frenchy and I quite long to interact with other people in my situation.

Greets,

Oana

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your introductions. Just a quick reminder though that this thread is dedicated to introductions only. If you have any other questions, I suggest that you create a new thread on the Martinique forum.

And as for jobs search, we have a special section dedicated to job offers and searches, which is Jobs in Martinique; where you can all post an ad with your CV.

Thank you

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Dear All,
I am new to Martinique and would love to meet some people. Currently I started to work as a tour guide and live in Fort-de-France. I like to discover the island, to go to the beach, love cultural happenings but dont really like to do all this alone. I look forward to hearing from you!
You can contact me on [email protected]
Cheers
Anna

Hello everybody !

I am Aurelia, from Martinique, and I have just come back from Thailand, a wonderful country where I worked there.
I am here to meet new people, make friends_from all over the world !
I look forward to hearing from you.
[email protected]
See u

Hi everybody.
my name is Natalie and i have lived in Martinique since Oct. 2014. I am an entrepreneur and a student. i would like to meet more expats in Martinique

Hello! I am a French citizen through parentage but do not know the language very well. I would LOVE to move to the French Caribbean, specifically Martinique as I am quite familiar with it having had visited it numerous times. I would ideally like to find work that would utilize my English, though I am sure I could pick up French and speak somewhat fluently within several months. I would love any and all advice.
Thanks!

Hello!
I'm now researching on Martinique to understand if could be a considerable place to relocate..

I have kids,
so mostly I need to understand if there are good schools and good hospitals.
And if the place is quiete and safe..

looking forward
Alberto

Hello everyone and Bonjour a tous et a toutes!
My name is Fidi.
I am considering the move to Martinique from Orlando Florida where I have been working in the Tourism field for the past 31 years.
I love Orlando the Capital of Tourism but I am ready for a change now that both my kids are off to college!
I am so looking forward to making new friends via this site and exchanging information.
All the best to everyone  :)

Hallo everyone,

we are Luca and Valentina an italian couple who moved from Italy to Germany about ten years ago.
In order to understand if ten years in Germany are enough for us, we are planning kind of a sabbatical, and  would like to spend a few months in Martinique possibly learning some more French and working and/or volunteering.
We are plenty of questions... that we will ask in the forum.

All the best to everyone!

Hi I'm from Cameroon.just arrived martinique and will like to meet other africans

Hi all I retired a few years ago last year I was at a ski resort working as a ski instructor the winter before last I spent three months in Florida touring around the state and now I'd like to do one of my life's dreams and that would be to live overseas as an adult I did live overseas in high school and would like to live in a French speaking country for 3 months and see how it goes.  lots of interests mostly active outdoor interests but also love cooking eating good food Art, Music and good company great scenery

Hello everybody!  I am a recently retired Psychologist from the USA and I am thinking seriously about settling in Martinique.  I would love to hear from people who have moved to this beautiful island and learn about their experiences, both positive and negative.  Any information about the best places to live on Martinique, part-time employment for an English speaker, and where to meet interesting people would all be much appreciated!

Hi everyone!
I'm Emilia, I'm Polish and I have just moved to Martinique. I am in the process of looking for a job so any tips will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi, my wife who is from Martinique and wants to move from the US to Martinique. I'm American, I have visited Martinique 5 times and I still can't imagine living here. I love 10% of Martinique with 100% of my heart, not sure that's enough to move here. I guess I'm spoiled with my American expectations of decent accommodations, customer service and rest rooms that are clean and easily accessible. I could go on but then it would sound like I'm complaining lol.

Hello
German couple - plus a cat is checking if Martinique could be a place for us.
We are working from home ( need fast and stable internet) ate sporty people ( gym, boxing, target shooting/ IPSC, swimming, snokeling, jogging etc) and crazy for boating looking for our " right" pleace on this great island to live in peace in a nice neighbourhood.
We want to meet people, exchange experience ( lived in the Bahamas, Malta, Baleares).
Feel invited to add me to your contacts.
Sunny greetings from Mallorca

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751373

Thanks!

Closed