Job offer for Biomedical sales & Service engineer based at Muscat,Oman

Hi,

My name is Aswin and I am a Biomedical Engineer with 2.5yrs experience in the field of Biomedical Engineering. I recently got an offer for the job of a field based Biomedical sales and service engineer at Muscat, Oman from Medical & Scientific Supplies LLC @ Omzest Group of Companies. The salary that they proposed to me was 350OMR + Transportation & Car + Mobile Expense + Fully furnished accommodation. From what they tell me, I will have to take care of only the expenses for the food. Could anyone please tell me if this is a good offer? If not, can you provide me as to what is the normal average salary for a field engineer in Muscat, Oman.

Regards

Aswini Kumar K J

Omzest group is one of the most reputable business group in Oman. The offered salary is not really attractive, however you're the best judge for your own lifestyle and related stuff.
If you're a bachelor, the offer is somehow acceptable, however if you're married, I'll rather suggest you to either negotiate or don't accept.

Thank you very much for your reply dear friend. Even, I was thinking in the similiar manner that the salary offered is very low. I had a look through the internet, I have sent them a counter offer with all the same allowances and benefits but a salary of 750OMR which I think would be very less likely to be accepted. Will you be able to tell me as to what should be the minimum that I should accept in order to accept the job. And yes, I am still single so that should help in cutting the living cost to a bit isnt it?

Dear Aswini,
I really can't give you a firmed advise on that. I'll suggest you should wait for the reply and if incase the employer is ready to negotiate to a certain extent close to a ballpark figure, you may accept the offer.

Just keep in mind that as a single, you'll need an approximate of 100 OMR or around for a primary lifestyle (Having all the expenses, i.e. housing/utilities/bills, covered by your employer).

Regards,