Why do so many expats choose asian partners?

So many Expats have settled down with Asian partners. I have seen western women with local men and so many western men with local girls, but what is the allure of the asian girl/man? Is it their age? Their beauty? Their non-aggressive attitude? What is it that makes so many expats turn away from their own kind?

Hi Mike,

I don't think there is any special reason maybe it just happened because they live in Malaysia and
I don't think all expat women are aggressive. I have many western female friend who are really nice. What about yourself? Are you married to a local?

MikeWallace77 wrote:

So many Expats have settled down with Asian partners. I have seen western women with local men and so many western men with local girls, but what is the allure of the asian girl/man? Is it their age? Their beauty? Their non-aggressive attitude? What is it that makes so many expats turn away from their own kind?

Initially for some it would be their looks. Age does not seem to figure in the equation for my friends.
And never ever believe that they are non agressive.!! At home my Lao wife will give me an earful if she thinks she is right. This is not done in public or in front of family as raising your voice means you lose face. which is not the Asian way.

I have one failed marriage to a western lady and it took 10 years before I decided to remarry.

Probably because the ladies are very persuasive and cute, and they tend to set out to get what THEY want.

However, many men nowadays realise they can "play the field" and are not settling down so readily.

Some men are, lets say, a bit insecure, and when they attract a pretty lady, they think they have won the lottery of life. I liked the posting by stumpy though.

Fr1zzy - yes, very cute and very pretty....... and self confident. I hear regularly that most "normal" couples privately snigger and discuss many of the mixed couples. Some of the ladies are even becoming emancipated and leaving the relationships after they have had children that will be supported by their partners for years to come. The audacity !  Joking aside, some acquaintances wont have anything to do with mixed couples as they are embarrassed that the guy does not see through what has or is happening to them.  Others know that the ladies probably have a friend who is quite happy to be a marriage wrecker to get what they want, and be like their friend. So as ever, there is always two sides to every story and situation.

Isn't it a rascist topic done to death already? Clearly any man in Malaysia will meet 20 locals to a western woman. Simple stats.  Also if you want a serious relationship as a western male another expat (many are Asian anyway do they count?) is a hassle as she will move on as well making it double hard to habe something longterm.

And the idea that anyone goes out with a Malaysian woman to get a submissive girl is sorely mistaken.

Hello everyone,

It is a sensible topic and i don't know if it can help other expats to move in Malaysia, well i mean it is not really relevant from our main goal.