Important to discuss

Hello

first of all i'd like to present this topic to so to speak to Americans specially divorced parents
a divorced woman met a young guy  from India in Yahoo chat rooms
<< when it was available <<
then the relationship between both grew till she started to feel like he's her child  and him feeling like she's the mother he never had ,
then she is like adopted him online , so she started to send him money every month about 200 USD and he sometimes even asks her for more

the Questions : what do you think about this ?
is it possible that all this happened by chance ?
do you think this Indian guy is lying to her and using her weak side as mother to make profit of her ?
do you think it was better  from her to check if his story was true ?

this is a true story that happened and still happening
i would like to hear from wise point of view
and i am also sorry for the way i shared this story

looking forward to your reply

Best Regards

If as the old saying goes.......she's free, white and over 21 the whole thing is purely academic isn't it?

An adult is free to do whatever they wish with their own life, provided of course they don't break any laws. If what they do is right and it makes them happy, then it's good.

If they make a mistake and that brings consequences, then it is they themselves that must bear the burden of those consequences.

Who are we to judge the choices that other people make???  As much as we may want to see another person avoid making mistakes in their life, they clearly have the undeniable right to make their own choices and ergo their own mistakes without our interference.

Are you this woman's son? Are you some other member of her family? Even if you are you really can't MAKE her change her mind and you can't judge her for what she is doing. That is a choice that only she can make for herself.

The best you can hope to do is sit down with her, have a very calm and frank conversation with her, let her know your feelings, the effects that HER CHOICE is having on you and hope that she will agree with your take on things. If she doesn't then you have to be also prepared to accept that decision.

We only have one life to live.............. OUR OWN!!!

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil & Canada Expert, Expat-blog Team

thank you so much Sir for your very respectable and wise reply
i appreciate taking time reading and replying to my topic here
truly amazing and very wise when i read a such reply like yours
thank you so much again

Best Regards :)

Check, double check and triple check.

Scams like this happen all the time and Western Union and MoneyGram are actually installing systems to analytically analyze each transaction of sending money to protect the sender from be defrauded by a scam artist half way around the world.

Basically if the system detects a receivers name is receiving money for 6 different people within a certain period of a certain amount of money it will reject the transfer protecting the sender.

This is common in Nigeria, Russia, and :mad: INDIA :mad:

RUN!  This kind of scam is similar to how a good number of Women and Men make a living down here in the Dominican Republic.  We call them Sankies

Bob K

Hi Matt & Bob,

This may well be true, that it's nothing more than a scam. That said, this fellow is talking about somebody else, not his own situation.

While he may have good reason to be concerned, unless he's the woman's son or a relative of some kind he's probably not going to have much influence over her. If this woman is sending money it is because SHE wants to do so for whatever reason. It is not likely that she's even going to listen to him no matter how noble his motives may be.

Like I said right in the beginning "She's free, white and over 21." If she's being scammed it's really her problem and not his. If he even brings up the subject he could be asking for more trouble than he's bargaining for.

My advice to him is let her make her own mistakes. If he is her son or other relative and the situation is causing problems for him, then he can talk to her and try and convince her that her actions are causing problems for him, but not to expect much to come of that.

If this woman is sending money to a con artist that she can't afford to lose, continues to do so despite what anybody else may say, then she's got more money than brains and deserves whatever she gets, in my opinion.

Cheers,
James

usmc_mv wrote:

Check, double check and triple check.

Scams like this happen all the time and Western Union and MoneyGram are actually installing systems to analytically analyze each transaction of sending money to protect the sender from be defrauded by a scam artist half way around the world.

Basically if the system detects a receivers name is receiving money for 6 different people within a certain period of a certain amount of money it will reject the transfer protecting the sender.

This is common in Nigeria, Russia, and :mad: INDIA :mad:

Hello

thank you so much for your reply
i do not claim to be an expert when it comes to detect scams and scammers but i have been around some very useful sites about how to stop and fight,detect scam so i know a lil bit of it
the thing that i do not understand , could it be from India too ?
i mean lets talk using Logic not Emotions ,,,who will ever look for a mother in Yahoo chat rooms ?
i am sorry to say this but i hope you dont find it offensive << for the people who used to go a lot to Yahoo chat rooms <<
this place is full of bots and Horny people specially from Asia << India << i believe what happened and is happening to this woman is a scam,,,her only justification is she talked another guy and he told her that the person << she's sending him money is not lying and he is really poor <<
what i did is this :
i comforted her and ask her directly and immediately to call the American Embassy in Indian to check for all his Info and see if he is true or not  but she refused to do it ,,i guess she knows it is a scam,,,,

Bob K wrote:

RUN!  This kind of scam is similar to how a good number of Women and Men make a living down here in the Dominican Republic.  We call them Sankies

Bob K

thanks for the reply :)

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Matt & Bob,

This may well be true, that it's nothing more than a scam. That said, this fellow is talking about somebody else, not his own situation.

While he may have good reason to be concerned, unless he's the woman's son or a relative of some kind he's probably not going to have much influence over her. If this woman is sending money it is because SHE wants to do so for whatever reason. It is not likely that she's even going to listen to him no matter how noble his motives may be.

Like I said right in the beginning "She's free, white and over 21." If she's being scammed it's really her problem and not his. If he even brings up the subject he could be asking for more trouble than he's bargaining for.

My advice to him is let her make her own mistakes. If he is her son or other relative and the situation is causing problems for him, then he can talk to her and try and convince her that her actions are causing problems for him, but not to expect much to come of that.

If this woman is sending money to a con artist that she can't afford to lose, continues to do so despite what anybody else may say, then she's got more money than brains and deserves whatever she gets, in my opinion.

Cheers,
James

hello you are right about you said, i tried my best then i started to be in her eyes like greedy,,,racist ,,anyway i said let it go and she'll find out about this one day but i hope she wont break down a lot for this ,,,but the sure thing she will learn a lesson ,,,we people need to use Logic before feelings ,,because feelings most of time lead to a very undesirable situation

i respect your point of view a lot
thank you so much for the reply

Best Regards

If we forward this to 50 people will Bill Gates give us free M&Ms?

tarekitsme wrote:
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Matt & Bob,

Cheers,
James

hello you are right about you said, i tried my best then i started to be in her eyes like greedy,,,racist ,,anyway i said let it go and she'll find out about this one day but i hope she wont break down a lot for this ,,,but the sure thing she will learn a lesson ,,,we people need to use Logic before feelings ,,because feelings most of time lead to a very undesirable situation

Best Regards

i think SHE WANTED TO TELL YOU DO NOT INTERFERE YOUR NOSE IN SUCH A BUSINESS WHICH DOESN'T CONCERN YOU
she is major and vaccinated "as they say" to be responsable for what she is doing....

nadji22uk wrote:
tarekitsme wrote:
wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Matt & Bob,

Cheers,
James

Best Regards

i think SHE WANTED TO TELL YOU DO NOT INTERFERE YOUR NOSE IN SUCH A BUSINESS WHICH DOESN'T CONCERN YOU
she is major and vaccinated "as they say" to be responsable for what she is doing....

what does seem to be your problem ?
are you stalking my threads ?
learn from Americans how they respond and comment on other threads then come to give me advices  ;)

tarekitsme wrote:
nadji22uk wrote:
tarekitsme wrote:

Best Regards

what does seem to be your problem ?
are you stalking my threads ?
learn from Americans how to politely  respond and comment on other threads then come  and  give me some  advices  ;)

whats up man? i can read your anger between the lines of your comment! i just give my point of view because i think im free to think....
ops sorry, who are your masters? americans :thanks: ? are they teaching you how to be polite?? :lol:
thanks for the offer because im fine
smile

nadji22uk wrote:

whats up man? i can read your anger between the lines of your comment! i just give my point of view because i think im free to think....
ops sorry, who are your masters? americans :thanks: ? are they teaching you how to be polite?? :lol:
thanks for the offer because im fine
smile

it is obviously that you're feeling  butt-hurt  if you know what i mean
i am not angry at all , i just dont think you should reply to my thread because you're not qualified enough and this thread was only for Americans   , or maybe you are the one who's angry because you wanted me to paint a colorful picture about Algeria and i know how you people think specially from Jijel ,,,you think you are a real patriot , think again mate , i am just allergic  to childish  comments   ,,plus using Big Letters  shows that you the   one who was expressing his anger , again get off my threads man , i dont know and i dont want to know you
this is how i express myself and explain my points
like it or not , i do not care :)

Best Regards

ok guys, everything has been said here

-thread closed-

Closed