POSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION

All,

Please avoid, better yet, do not post any personal information in public forum including but not limited to phone numbers, mailing addresses, age, e-mail or any other identifying characteristics. In general this should not be done anywhere on the Internet where it is publicly available/searchable. There are people that have ulterior motives and could use your information in an inappropriate manner.

Thank you.

Good point  With all the problems with identity theft these days you would think people would be more careful with their personal data

Bob K

I agree

I think because people are tied into other mediums like Facebook and twitter etc they think nothing of posting this information online.
At the moment on my private email address I am getting heaps of Nigerian scam type emails telling me I have won $5 million, have an inheritance coming or an offer of a substantial fee to transfer someone's money into my account.  I just delete them.

I completely agree that you shouldn't post personal information.

I can help with that $5 million.  Just send it to my bank account #2318008 or call me at 867-5309.

I swear you all need to come teach this fact to people in Saudi Arabia!! Daily I see people post their phone numbers and email on expat & facebook.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

I completely agree that you shouldn't post personal information.

I can help with that $5 million.  Just send it to my bank account #2318008 or call me at 867-5309.

Will do Hailey   :D  You can phone me on 045 832 179 area code 617 to finalise the deal.

I get e-mails on almost a daily basis saying that my bank is reorganizing all of its clients accounts and I must re-register or my account will become unaccessable. The e-mails always look exactly like the official banks' webpages; logos and all. They never stop coming! Funny thing is that I don't have any bank accounts in Brazil at all, and I know that no banks here contact their clients by e-mail (they only respond to e-mails that a client has sent to them).

I am still getting emails from Nigeria asking me to help get money out of various African countries and I will get a percentage for this. A new one yesterday was my daughter has a rare cancer, I have millions of dollars which I need help in getting into a foreign bank so I can arrange treatment for her.   :whistle:

@ stumpy > Please do not hesitate to report us these persons by clicking on the "report button" .  :top:

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla

These emails are coming into my private email address, not to EB.
I will definitely report any that come to me via EB.

Yeah you should be extra careful about the personal data. Be careful or you will face the problems.