Shipping from Sydney to Cebu

Hi,
        Has anyone found a reasonable and problem free way to ship large heavy items ? Planning on selling almost everything I own before moving to Cebu but my tool boxes and Proac response 3 speakers may prove difficult to obtain once in Cebu. Speakers are massive . Guessing total weight around 100 kg..

Thanks

Richard

Hello I am Mickey Harman, I live on Cebu Island more than 3 years continuously now. the real, and only way to safely send items to the Philippines that bypasses the corrupt customs here is using what is known as a Balikbayan Box. These are shipped via container ship direct to the destination. Feel free to friend me on Facebook just look for "Mickey Harman" with the sunset photo.
https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-f.ak/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/559346_10151683804218915_1050481800_n.jpg

https://z-n.ak.fbcdn.net/sphotos-e.ak/hphotos-ak-prn2/1505316_10151925849098915_1311926940_n.jpg

Info on balikbayan box can be found here: http://retiringphilippines.org/2013/07/ … alikbayan/:cool:

just pm me sir Richard I am willing to help you.

Hello danao357,

I think that it will be better to share the information here on the forum for the other members to beneficiate.

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hi ma'am priscilla,

i just want to help sir richard, since advertisement is not allowed i choose in private message. i give him an estimated duties and taxes based on the value of the shipment.

regards,
roy

Hello Richard,

Mickey gave you good information, yeah the local seafreight forwarders in Sydney, specializing in Philippines shipments can handle your heavy items at a reasonable cost. There are a number of Sydney based companies that can do this for you. About six weeks door to door to Manila, Cebu would probably be a little longer. Depends also on shipping departure timing.

Good luck,

K

Thanks K,
                  Latest idea is to remove speakers and crossovers and ship empty boxes from sydney to cebu.Same idea with the tool boxes.Send tools and speakers in Balikbayan box and send sea freight the empty speaker boxes and empty tool boxes sea freight to Cebu.The value of the shipment would be low  and the balikbayan box could be carefully packed and protected to protect the delicate speakers and reduce the weight of the sea cargo shipment to Cebu.
Any sea freight companies you know of?

Thanks
Richard

Hello Richard,

I don't no if this forum permits naming of commercial companies engaging in shipping of goods from Sydney to Cebu. The well known ones are LBC and Austral Cargo, but there are more. They handle both Balikbayan boxes and straight seafreight forwarding. Trans shipping via Manila may be required, but no problem, it just extends the shipping time only. Ask for door-to-door service. Try them.

Good luck,

K

Thanks K,
appreciate your help. Such a big thing to leave the country you have been in all your life...

Hi Richard,

You are not the only one, I plan to move to Philippines after my retirement in a year or two. My  wife is Filipina, we plan to set up a hobby farm, probably in Cebu. Will rent there for 12 months or so, to be sure that I can adjust to the new culture etc, before investing in property. Let me know how you go.....
Regards,
Ken

There are several companies handling "Balikbayan Boxes" from Australia to the Philippines.
You can google the term "Balikbayan Box and your nearest city"(in this case Sydney) and you get a number of results varying from place to place.

Then you call those companies and ask for quotation. Preferably by fax,email, so there are no surprises later.

One company a friend in Cebu had good experiences with, is this Link:

http://www.bmexpress.com/bmexpress/air-cargo.php (both Sea and Air Cargo)

another one is :

http://www.forexworld.com.au/boxes.php#.UuDUBqERVr8

but as said, guys, just google :-)

Hi Ken ,
My email address is [email protected] ..It is one of the few things I am taking with me and I would really appreciate you emailing me there . Should be there by April 2014 at the latest. I see one of my biggest problems is loosing contact with my Australian friends..So it will be my absolute pleasure to chat with you.

Richard

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

we used tnt coz its not expensive and its reliable. :)

danao357 wrote:

shipping vehicle to home town of Bacolod or Cebu, could some one help me to ship item including all cost, customs to Cebu or Bacolod.

Hulleza1981 wrote:
danao357 wrote:

shipping vehicle to home town of Bacolod or Cebu, could some one help me to ship item including all cost, customs to Cebu or Bacolod.

Hello,

We usually do not recommend to import cars to Philippines because of the high import duties and taxes: Duties/Taxes & its percentage is based on the declared value or Blue Book Value whichever is higher, + insurance and freight cost. Duty is on average 40% & Tax 10%.

Thank you.

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads allowed on the forum + register your business in the business directory of the website
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct