When landing in cebu airport ?

Hi when i land in airport Am i Charged  tarrifs for whats in my suit cases ? Please explain what i should expect  to happen. Thanks

Nope. But the process varies depending on whether you are coming in on an international flight or if you entered the country in Manila and took a domestic flight to Cebu. In the latter case, you just disembark the plane and follow the crowd to baggage claim, get your bag and off you go.

When you first land in country  (Manila or Cebu) you will disembark the plane with your carry-on bag, and make your way to Immigration, where you will be processed. Then you go to the baggage claim and wait for your bag. Upon claiming your bag(s) you go through Customs, give them your declaration form that you filled out on the plane, and your bags are scanned. Then out to the taxi line. I never declare anything and have never had a bag opened. Last trip I brought camping gear and fishing poles for the boys. No problem.

I always carry the most valuable things in my backpack - the camera(s), laptop, iPad, a watch or two, even a new top of the line phone for her sometimes. Once I brought in two new iPads (but not in the boxes) for the boys. Never a problem.

Thanks for your reply, when u put valuables  in carry  u did not have to pay extra fees ? Thanks

Hi my question is about me leaving u.s
Arriving in Cebu airport
Thanks

pnwcyclist wrote:

Nope. But the process varies depending on whether you are coming in on an international flight or if you entered the country in Manila and took a domestic flight to Cebu. In the latter case, you just disembark the plane and follow the crowd to baggage claim, get your bag and off you go.

When you first land in country  (Manila or Cebu) you will disembark the plane with your carry-on bag, and make your way to Immigration, where you will be processed. Then you go to the baggage claim and wait for your bag. Upon claiming your bag(s) you go through Customs, give them your declaration form that you filled out on the plane, and your bags are scanned. Then out to the taxi line. I never declare anything and have never had a bag opened. Last trip I brought camping gear and fishing poles for the boys. No problem.

I always carry the most valuable things in my backpack - the camera(s), laptop, iPad, a watch or two, even a new top of the line phone for her sometimes. Once I brought in two new iPads (but not in the boxes) for the boys. Never a problem.

Seems like almost everybody is saying that nothing is being checked. Does this mean that they are no longer doing the scam where they stuff bullets into your luggage???

NO EXTRA FEES. Plenty of recent posts on this. It's YOUR stuff.

Bullet scam ended a few years ago.

Thanks again

You're welcome. Have a good trip.

Need to open a peso acct but have been here less than 2 years .Have chase and citibank from u.s.  Would like local peso acct
Thanks

You will receive a Philippines customs form on the plane. Fill it out honestly. Present the customs form along with your passport at immigration. They will stamp it and hand it back to you. Retrieve your luggage and hand the form to the customs officer as you leave the baggage area.

Unless you claim something that is questionable (fruit, meat, etc.), they will keep the form and wave you on.

You should not have to pay any tax or import fee.

Exchange your money for pesos and get your taxi or ride. Almost no one here will accept foreign money except banks and money changers.

Skip Scott wrote:

You will receive a Philippines customs form on the plane. Fill it out honestly. Present the customs form along with your passport at immigration. They will stamp it and hand it back to you. Retrieve your luggage and hand the form to the customs officer as you leave the baggage area.

Unless you claim something that is questionable (fruit, meat, etc.), they will keep the form and wave you on.

You should not have to pay any tax or import fee.

Exchange your money for pesos and get your taxi or ride. Almost no one here will accept foreign money except banks and money changers.

About the form: My eyesight at the time (before cataract surgery) was so poor, I could not read the form. Also I had driven six hours in a rental car to "LAX", waited five hours at the airport and then a 12+ ride to the Philippines. Then less than an hour before landing, they gave us the form.

I took one look threw it away. I was never asked for my form.

Again on your laptop, if it is new, remove it from the box and place it in one of those soft cheap laptop computer bags.  So it looks like any other personal laptop any  passenger would carry.

Yes in my personal experience the landing/departing/clearing of immigration both in cebu/manila has been a breeze/trouble free ever since the new administration took over. ....However when making those connecting flights to/fm Manila/Cebu to/fm the provinces thats when I'd face more of those ridiculous baggage checks and also the weighing of both the passenger & hand luggage (<7kgs) on weighing scales / and at times claiming certain items which I had infact handcarried (<7kgs) all the way fm Singapore 'suddenly' were deemed to be unfit for hand carry onto the domestic flight.

The baggage checks always made me wonder as I think there are many ways bags are added to a plane.   I once caught a connecting flight on a small prop plane and was told that there was a one bag max on the prop plane.   The baggage handler offered to add my second bag to the plane for a cash payment.     The bag was not weighed and heavy.  Subsequently, I learned the proper way to this is to call a second bag, cargo and pay the cargo fee.   The suggestion to call the second bag cargo will not be forthcoming from the counter agents.   All I got from the ticket agents was, you can't have a second bag.

Anontoo wrote:

The baggage checks always made me wonder as I think there are many ways bags are added to a plane.   I once caught a connecting flight on a small prop plane and was told that there was a one bag max on the prop plane.   The baggage handler offered to add my second bag to the plane for a cash payment.     The bag was not weighed and heavy.  Subsequently, I learned the proper way to this is to call a second bag, cargo and pay the cargo fee.   The suggestion to call the second bag cargo will not be forthcoming from the counter agents.   All I got from the ticket agents was, you can't have a second bag.

Yes thats always been a 'gray area' even prior the covid outbreak. They claim that if the prop plane is FULLY PACKED they have an overall weight restriction of passengers+air cargo/luggage...you may hand carry  only 1 (Max 7kg) Hand luggage..or if not just try check in both your bags for free if the plane is empty (or with <20 passengers). Omo