Renting a car in Melbourne

Hi everyone,

as a foreigner is it complicated to rent a car for a few days in Melbourne ? Is there a lot of complicated paperwork ?

How much can it cost and would you recommend a specific company ?

Many thanks,

Julien

No problem as long as you have valid drivers licence and a credit card. Paperwork will take around 10 minutes. I suggest you take out the accident waiver insurance as the excess is usually $3000 if you have an accident whether it is your fault or not.
There are cheaper hire companies who have older 2nd hand cars for rent but these ones tend to charge you per kilometer so I would suggest you check out Thrifty, Avis, Europe Car,budget. These have unlimited kilometer rentals and a good range of vehicles.
You can pay from $90 to $200+ per day depending on what type of vehicle you are looking for and where you want to travel to.
I would suggest you book online so that you are sure you can get the vehicle you want as sometimes the cheaper vehicles are booked out.

Thanks for your post stumpy :)

We also have cars you hire for a few hours they are parked around the city!
I will try to find the name or the company, maybe someone else knows!

there are plenty of options in Melbourne for renting a car. instead of renting an ordinary taxi service, hiring a chauffeur car service is better. They provide full assistance during the ride and on-time pick-up drop service.
There are lots of chauffeur car service providers in Melbourne who provide services at reasonable rates. Just letting you know about Executive-Cars, they provide good chauffeur services in Melbourne.

@executiveau1213

This is an old inactive thread.