45 days till arrival to Vietnam...

Hey all expats,

I'm going to be in Vietnam (Saigon) in 45 days.  Looking forward to meeting up if you guys have time.

I'll be in VN from 17/01-16/02 during the Tet holidays.

Hit me up.

- Tin Tin

lol nobody will be here and most places close during tet

Cheeha,

I heard that shops & restaurants will be closed during Tet for a week but not a whole month.  Trying to get my facts right.

:gloria

nana91 wrote:

wow. Tin Tin, will you come with your dog? "earned my MBA, work as a systems admin, own my own car and house" wowwww ( surprised again) you are exactly who i find :D hahaha, just kidding, enjoy ur time in Vietnam ;)

Brings lots of $2 bills, they really like them during Tet.

tintinmiami2013 wrote:

Cheeha,

I heard that shops & restaurants will be closed during Tet for a week but not a whole month.  Trying to get my facts right.

Yeh, your right, it's only about a week, the official public holidays are from the 30th-5th.

My factory will be closed from the 25th-9th and a lot of other offices/factories will close down similarly.

Cheeha,

No worries bud.  I have family and relatives in VN so I'll be spending Tet with them.  I won't be "alone". 

Cheers,

Tin Tin

Im in town (saigon, but mui ne the days before) during days after Tet so lets go for lunch. I wanna try this American Eatery near my officexD

tintinmiami2013 wrote:

Cheeha,

No worries bud.  I have family and relatives in VN so I'll be spending Tet with them.  I won't be "alone". 

Cheers,

Tin Tin

I'll be available.  I have a motorbike so I can show you around.

Tin,

Hit me up if you wanna have a beer or coffee. I'm an American born Vietnamese (Connecticut) who was relocated here 3 years ago by my employer. I don't think I have too many plans for Tet.

Jerry

Tiberius Halcyon Dorianus - I see what you did.......

I'll land in Vn a day after you on January 18.

tintinmiami2013 wrote:

Hey all expats,

I'm going to be in Vietnam (Saigon) in 45 days.  Looking forward to meeting up if you guys have time.

I'll be in VN from 17/01-16/02 during the Tet holidays.

Hit me up.

- Tin Tin

Miami's a long way. Don't forget to take aspirin about every 4-6 hours and get up and stretch, walk around, knee bends....so you won't get a blood clot. It happened to me once on a trip from Seattle to PI (Philippines). It happens more often than you may think and is life-threatening.

I used to like sitting by the window. Now I made sure to book a seat near the aisle at the side of the plane so that I can stretch my legs and walk around the plane.

Worst flight I ever had was Seattle to Inchion, left at midnight, three morons behind me reading the seatback display of each other so I couldn't sleep.