Hi from a French girl

Hello everyone,

I'm a French viet kieu and I just move in Saigon. Before that, I was living for 6 months in Hanoi for an internship and I like Vietnam so much that I decided to stay here instead of heading back to France.

As I'm fairly new in town, I would like to make new friends!

I love billiard, beers, karaoke, books, politics, bikes, photography, food and travels.

If you share the same interests as me, please feel free to contact me so we could meet up.

I can speak French, English, Vietnamese and Japanese so language shouldn't be a problem for me!

Thank you everyone and see you soon!

Salut, Jade! Welcome. :)

Welcome to Saigon!
Hope you will get so many acquaintances from here :D

Bonsoir Jade =)
Welcome to Saigon.
Im also a Vietkieu from Germany. Moved here about 3 weeks ago. If you like we can hang out together. Go for cafe sua da, sinh to and delicious food. Endless choice here. Where about in Saigon do u live now?

Jade, I'm intrigued. Are you also Con Lai? If so, was it your mother or father who was Vietnamese. I did the parachute course at Pau in 1986 and two French officers there carried Vietnamese family names. One looked completely Vietnamese, but Lt Nguyen looked far more French. Yet his family name was Vietnamese.

General Nguyen Van Hinh, who served in both the French Air Force and State of Vietnam Armed Forces had a very attractive French Blond wife who served in the State of Vietnam Nurse Corps.

lirelou wrote:

Jade, I'm intrigued. Are you also Con Lai? If so, was it your mother or father who was Vietnamese. I did the parachute course at Pau in 1986 and two French officers there carried Vietnamese family names. One looked completely Vietnamese, but Lt Nguyen looked far more French. Yet his family name was Vietnamese.

General Nguyen Van Hinh, who served in both the French Air Force and State of Vietnam Armed Forces had a very attractive French Blond wife who served in the State of Vietnam Nurse Corps.

I dont think she's "con lai" because in Europe and America Vietnamese use their "westernized" name.

Especially in France they go with their French name. My cousins name is Thuy Anh but her parents call her Anne and her sister (Quynh Chau) Marie Ange. Might be wrong so correct me please

Thank you for your replies everyone!

Actually, my mom is a "con lai" but my dad is full Vietnamese so I am one-quarter French. In my family, everyone has a Vietnamese name as well as a French name.

Hi jade,

I've been in Saigon for about a year. I'm a Viet-k from Canada and speak both English and French and trying to improve my Vietnamese. Before Saigon I also made the move from Hanoi, living there for 10 months. Would be interested in knowing which city you prefer?

Hi French Girl,
I read your post with interest hence my message. I moved to Saigon a month ago now for work and I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm from South Africa and also lived in Australia for many years.

I have similar interest to you and I would also like to learn French so maybe you would like to meet up sometime?

Have a nice weekend!
Brendan

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share personal contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Brendan, you understand the OP hasn't posted here in 9 months, right?  And she started this thread last year?

No I didn't know that, thanks

If you click on her name, you can get a good idea about that.

Good luck

bonjour

how are you

are you still in hcmc, would love to have a game of pool

please let me know

andy

JakinTrung wrote:

How are you?

This topic thread has been inactive for well over a year and was originally started 3 years ago. I'm sure you must have spent much more time searching around to find it, than you did actually typing "How are you?"  Are you just trying to build your posting count or what?

If you have something constructive, perhaps you would do well to start a new topic thread of your own.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Closed