Big hello to all

Hello all,my name is George and I am new to saigon,I am from Glasgow,Scotland.
Well I travelled a bit through vietnam before and loved it so much I have decided to come and give living in saigon a crack.

First thing on my list is to find that street in saigon where every shop is a guitar making shop,then I am going to chill out in district one for a week or two over the festive period and plot my future.

A job and an appartment is needed.

And course some new friends.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd mmmoooorrrrning vietnam.

Ps,I'm not actualy there yet,I'm actualy relaxing in kuala lumpur,got my flight booked for the 24th,(christmass eve) to begin my new life in vietnam.

George.

IF you do a search for "guitar", within the last month, you will find detailed instructions on how to find it. Roughly it's nearby CMT8 and Dien Bien Phu.

Thanks jaitch,I have been before but the detailed instructions will be a great help to me as I totaly found it by accident the last time,infact I got so engrossed with the instruments that I forgot which direction district one was in,lol,I found my way in the end though.

I am really looking forward to moving over to saigon,I am also a very keen biker,I have an international motorcycle licience and have been riding for years but I must say the thought of riding in saigon is a bit daunting.

I have ridden in vietnam before and also cambodia but never in any of the major cities,I am sure I will be fine:)

While I am on the subject,Roughly what kind of price should  expect to pay for a half decent little 125 ?(hoda win or dream,maybe even a 90cub).

Ps,Second hand of course.Cheers,Geo

Jaitch wrote:

IF you do a search for "guitar", within the last month, you will find detailed instructions on how to find it. Roughly it's nearby CMT8 and Dien Bien Phu.

Hi,
As far as I can remember, most of the stores there sell brand-name guitars only.
K.

geomglasgow wrote:

Hello all,my name is George and I am new to saigon,I am from Glasgow,Scotland.
Well I travelled a bit through vietnam before and loved it so much I have decided to come and give living in saigon a crack.

First thing on my list is to find that street in saigon where every shop is a guitar making shop,then I am going to chill out in district one for a week or two over the festive period and plot my future.

A job and an appartment is needed.

And course some new friends.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd mmmoooorrrrning vietnam.

Ps,I'm not actualy there yet,I'm actualy relaxing in kuala lumpur,got my flight booked for the 24th,(christmass eve) to begin my new life in vietnam.

George.

Hi George,
I know a street full of custom-made guitar shops. I have the address of one particular shop in that area here for you: "36 Nguyen Thien Thuat St, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam."
Just walk around, and you will see 20+ guitar shops.

Btw, I don't know much about bike things, but I saw some sites selling Honda Win for $350. 
Hope this helps somehow.

Safe trip then.
K.

George,

Just make sure you can ride the mortobike in HCMC with this chaos traffic. IF you can survive then you have a chance and can decide to shop for guitar to play.

Merry X'mas mate !

Hanry

Hey thanks guys,seriously you have been a real help.

Thats me in saigon now,I am desperate just to find an apartmebt and get settled in,il wait until I get an apartment before purchasing a guitar and bike.

If anyone like like to meet up for a drink or something to eat PM me as i dont know anyone yet.

Thanks again.
George.

Hi George
Welcome to Vietnam . Great movie!
I am pretty new myself from the US.
I live in dist one just north of the the downtown area.
There are other rooms available where I live --long and short term.
There are per night rooms for very cheap which I found useful while I looked.

Let me know if I can help out in anyway. This place can be a little wild at first.

Email address is [email protected]
I know that guitar street. Was there a couple of weeks ago.

Jackie

Hey thanks for the help everyone,seriously you All have really helped me out a lot,I have an apartment,it's not cheap but has my basic needs,the help I got frOm everyone here really helped to make the decisions I did

Anyway I got an apartment just across the park from Pham ngu Lao near the gas station past the old white church (if that makes sence).

I also found the guitar street,I am actually writing this from the caffe at the end of that street,I haven't purchased a guitar yet but I got a nice little ukulele that will keep me au occupied for now,they have nice mandolins too,got my eye on one.

Anyway thanks again everyone and if anyone would like to meet for soft drinks/strong drinks or anything really feel free to pm me as I don't know anyone yet.

Thanks,George.

I would love to meet up for a drink . I'd also like to hear more about the ukilali and mandolin.
I went down there -guitar street-to get one but i am a beginner so I did not want to get one wo getting advice first.
One day this week would be good or the wknd. What does pm mean?

Hi Jacquelyn thanks for the reply.
Well I am not working yet so I can meet you anytime you like.
What district are you living in?
I am in district one.
As for the uke,I would say I am a beginer too,I only started playing it about 2 months ago,it's pretty easy mind you,much easier than guitar.
I love the mandolin too and intend to get one also,again i am a beginer at it,I got a loan of one from a friend abaout a week before I left Scotland and just concentrated on learning one led zeppelin tune with it,lol,so far I am a one hit wonder with it with a weeks experience,but its all good,lol.

Anyway feel free to send me a private message about when you would like to meet up.

George.

Ps I see you have left an email I will contact you by email.