Retiring in Belize.

I have just retired and Iam on a fixed income of about $1700 per month.

In order to streach my income I am looking at retiring overseas perfeable in Belize.

With this income would I have any trouble retiring in Belize?

What are the requirements for living a a ecpat on a fixed income in Belize?

Thanks,

John

my opinion.  your income will be tight.   housing is cheap here, domestic labor is cheap and everything else is expensive.  If you are living in Reno, high desert, the climate here of hot and humid, may not work for you.  the cost of AC is high.  the only way to know for sure is to come and enjoy Belize and notice the advantages & disadvantages.   rent for awhile

If you are talking about retiring on $1700 USD...that means $3400 BZD....you can certainly live on that amount of money....of course it all depends on what you spend your money on.  We live comfortably on less than $3400 BZD monthly.  We choose to NOT have A/C and that is a big expense.

the need for AC depends on the person, the location, the type of construction, ceiling height & more ----   many variables.  previously we lived on a desert island in the Caribbean, a long narrow island with a tempering ocean breeze, thus it was low humidity, so we needed little AC.   Here in the Corozal area, I discovered that I can not tolerate the heat and humidity without the AC.  My husband is OK with a fan.   you will not know until you get here....