Overstay time frame..

Hi,

been here over a year now but my work didn't inform me that my visa was up for renewal, they usually do, but should have checked it myself anyways. So I was told that if your a week or a month over, it's the same fine as up to three months, three mill up to five mill. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I also need a new passport and can send it this week as I have everything ready. Again my work told me to get the new passport first then pay the fine after coz the fine time frame.

My visa was a three month single entry extended, just the small stamp and date. 

Any info appreciated.

Thx

joolsd wrote:

Hi,

been here over a year now but my work didn't inform me that my visa was up for renewal, they usually do, but should have checked it myself anyways. So I was told that if your a week or a month over, it's the same fine as up to three months, three mill up to five mill. Has anyone else had the same experience?

I also need a new passport and can send it this week as I have everything ready. Again my work told me to get the new passport first then pay the fine after coz the fine time frame.

My visa was a three month single entry extended, just the small stamp and date. 

Any info appreciated.

Thx

What was the question?  Has anyone else had the same experience? No, I usually am on top of important deadlines like that considering I am a "guest" here in Việt Nam.  I set my phone's calendar feature to warn me a week ahead of a due date. 

In regards to your concern about the fee penalty for overstaying your Visa, it's about right.  You can get hit with a few dollars to a few million VND.  Best to double-time to the next immigration office to get it straightened out.  Else, go to an agent and prepare to pay some "gift" money to smooth things out.

You can't leave the country on an expired Visa, unless you sneak across the mountains or flee by rickety fishing boats (millions have done so before).

Rules are correct but who know when they change 'their' rules?
Better make it before expire. Anyway that's over. Just wait for the 'Kings' final decision whether it is overstay penalty or deportation!

Well thanks for the extremely friendly and helpful replies.? I have now paid for a new visa.

Thank you kindly..