Help me find a job in Texas.

Iam a Kenyan born migrated to USA recently.Need to find a job sustain myself and the family.

Hi kennedymagotsi!

Maybe you could tell more about your working experience.

Regards
Armand

What is your experience, and what city do you live in? I know there are some African groups in Houston that might be worth checking out. Even if they don't have any contacts that can help you find a job, they might be able to provide some emotional support for you and your family as well as give you some social activities.

Without knowing what kind of specific job you are looking for, craigslist.com, monster.com, and careerbuilder.com are my personal favorites. If you are looking for short-term work to get immediate money, craigslist is probably your best bet. In addition, a lot of lower wage jobs can be found simply by walking into a locally owned shop and asking the owner if they have any work for you to do. If they say yes, make sure you agree on an hourly wage first.

Piggly Wiggly is always hiring.

A legal work visa will of course be needed with a company sponsoring the visa.  There are many different categories and each comes with specific characteristics.  Any viable immigration attorney website will explain the procedures for each and sometimes provide free advice on how to proceed.

if you are legal to work you can find job easily as a american saying it is a land of opportunities. so good luck
try those web
dallasnews.com/jobs
snagajob.com

kennedymagotsi wrote:

Iam a Kenyan born migrated to USA recently.Need to find a job sustain myself and the family.

My Brother you are living in a state with very good employment possibilities. I just pray that you are living in or near a major city like Dallas, Houston or Austin.

Regardless of your professional skills you might start with a job at Walmart, Target, etc while you settle into Americana and continue to look for better jobs.

Good luck.

PS: I lived in Texas (Dallas area) for four miserable years and quickly ran back to Southern California.