Young business professional looking to network and meet new friends.

Hello,

My name is Farbod and I will be moving to Turkey (Istanbul) in the near future for an indeterminate period of time for business. I thought that I would get a little head start into planning my stay and hopefully making some new friends as well conduct some networking through this forum before my arrival.

A little more about me; I'm 28 years and my field of work is immigration. I provide solutions for investors wishing to attain a secondary residency. In collaboration with partners in Turkey, I will assist investors to get Turkish residency through the purchase of real estate.

I have been living in Toronto, Canada for the past 22 years. I've traveled to numerous countries for vacation and briefly for business. But, this will be my first time residing somewhere in a new country by myself and I'm very excited for such an amazing experience.  I have been to Turkey numerous times and the past 2 years and have stayed in Nishantashi. But it was mostly work during each trip and we didn't leave the hotel except for dinners.

Hopefully through this forum I can meet easygoing people who have similar interests. My goal is to meet male/females who are cultured, educated, open minded and adventurous to make the transition into my new home a little more seamless. Also, if my line of work is interesting to anyone who sees a possibility for mutual benefit, we could meet and discuss matters further.

Since I would like to meet people with similar interests, here is a little more about my hobbies/interests:
-    I have a Doberman that I will be bringing with me. If anyone has a dog and would like to meet at a park to let the dogs play, that would be great.
-    I'm a very big foodie. I definitely want to try as many food places as possible ranging from fine dining to the places that look like a hole in the wall, but serve the best food.
-    I want to experience functions in the country such as museums and art galleries. Seeing the tourist/historical sites is also on my bucket list. I'm very open to random events happening in any city and will want to explore as many events as possible.
-    I go to the gym regularly. I also play soccer.
-    I started taking French classes. I would like to continue them in Turkey. If anyone wants to take a French class, we could take a group class.
-    I will try new things like cooking class, art class.
-    I'm not a big tv guy, but I do enjoy watching game of thrones and boardwalk empire.
-    I love golf.

I'm not exactly sure when my trip to Turkey will take place. It could be as little as 1 month and as long as 3 months, depending on the finalization of our contracts. But I figured this would give me more time to communicate with different people.

If anyone would like to chat further, you can email me at info[at]iicg.ca.

Regards,

Farbod

Hi Farbod,

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Thank you for this very nice introduction :)

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

Hey, My name is Emir. Im a fluent english speaker who study french litterature and culture in university. I do love soccer too! And also eating!

If you are well-shaped and ready to play some soccer games, we can enjoy spending time together! (we have always a place for forward, central back, or wing :) )

And, i have friends from USA and i can introduce them to you if you want.

Best wishes.

Hello Emir!

Thank you for your kind email and I apologize for the delay in my message.

So you study french literature? I wish I studied french in school, it would have made my life so much easier. I'm having trouble to memorize certain rules and without dedicating time on my own to study, results are hindered.

However, I would love to play soccer with you guys! I can play any defensive position. Central back is great, but I normally play right defence. An invite to play with you guys would be amazing.

99% I will be in Turkey on November 17, but, how long is unclear. I am visiting Turkey to meet with my new potential partners. But if you would want to grab a drink during my visit or anywhere else you would recommend, I would be game.

After my this trip, I will have a concrete idea of when I will be returning for Turkey and for how long.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Farbod

Hello Farbod, nice to hear from you.

Yes, i study french litterature and culture in Istanbul University. Learning French in here Turkey is kinda useless and hard compared to Canada. That means im not that good, i may know all the grammar rules but when it comes to the speaking and listening... Its very fast!

Well, we play our matches at weekends around 7 oclock and 11 oclock, it depends. We always change our pitch because its hard to find an empty one! Sometimes we play at very high quality pitches and sometimes we play in little neighborhood pitches but we do play. I think thats important. :)

Considering your status, lets just drink and eat when you arrive, you said you had not left your hotel during your visits, so i may take you to the near seaside pubs, historical streets etc etc. I would lay the options, you pick one. And also if you want to meet foreigners like you, im normally working as an educational consultant in a canadian company (thats why i like canadian people) and i can introduce you best of my foreigner friends who are american, german, pakistani...

If you decide to stay for a week, we can play a match, and also if you decide working in Turkey, we can make this into a routine! 

[email protected] my personal mail adress

and this is our matchday picture with all the nerds from university, //d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/580138377.jpg?1337098747 (im in the middle)

See you !

Hello farbod, i am planning to move to istanbul and i also would like to make friends just like you if yoy are interested contact me :-)

Hellp farbod i am planning to live in turkey too , if you came there can you tell me how did you find it and as a foreigner any difficulties? Thanks

If you stay connect with Expat.com, yes you can found friend and tips about job in turkey.

Good luck

Hi Emir ! i saw on the forum that you're actually studying french litterature in istanbul ! here's the thing i'm following the same path but in Rabat, Morocco and I'm seriously interested in following my studies in istambul !
In which university are you studying ? Can you give me any infos about studying french in Istanbul ?
I'll be more than thrilled if you answered and i'm whiling to answer any question of yours :D

youssra do you have skype
if you do please email me at [email protected]

i may help you both with university and also with a job

Hi hbmax,

Welcome to Expat.com!

Can you please tell us how you can help us? Why don't you give useful information on the forum so that everyone can benefit from it.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team