Purse snatched corner of Russian Market

Thursday we were having lunch at the corner cafe.  An expat lady was walking her dog. A local male in a motorcycle passed close to her, yanked her purse out of her hands and quickly sped away. Last week another incident happened with a Japanese lady at the night market. When she held on to her bag and didn't let go, she was shot in the thigh. So ladies should take extra precautions when walking on the streets.

Yep, these things happen, and seem to be getting worse.

I was in a tuk tuk when a Khmer woman sat next to me had her bag stolen by 2 Khmer guys as they passed on their bike, also I had a friend have this happen on another occasion.

A French friend had 2 incidents near the night market, he almost had his iphone taken but held on and another time a similar theft almost happen to him with his bag.

I had a Czech female friend in Sihanoukville have her bag stolen from her bicycle by a passing bike and had $20 snatched from her hand in Phnom Penh.

I have many stories of female Khmer women having their phones stolen from their hands as they are speaking on then along the street, I witnessed this on Street 154 not too long ago.

Always be aware in Cambodia, never hold your phone when walking along, always keep your bags tight and never have your bag besides you in a tuk tuk.

If you are talking on your phone in public, always be aware of passing motobikes, hold the phone away from the street.

I saw 2 snatch thief at monivong several months ago in broad daylight. What was interesting about the incident was that traffic police who usually station at certain intersection of traffic light(I remember because I was being pestered thrice) was not there at that time.

Anyway I have been hearing a lot of snatch thief incident even the local are not spare.