Where to get giant jugs of water.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get/ who to call to get the giant blue jugs of water.  Been living here for a while and have gotten sick of just buying 2 gallon jugs at the store.

Thanks

You might check this out

nuocuongtinhkhiet.net.vn/

Just ask your landlord or neighbors to introduce someone who can deliver water at your home.:D Otherwise just walk outside and check some agency nearby. If you are living in apartment, just ask the office staff or security men. They can help you.

marcama wrote:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get/ who to call to get the giant blue jugs of water.  Been living here for a while and have gotten sick of just buying 2 gallon jugs at the store.

Thanks

1) Find a neighbor
2) See what company the neighbor uses
3) Take note of address written on the label
4) Go to said address and buy a starter bottle (about 50,000 VND, might be more in HCMC)
5) Drink until empty (maybe a month)
6) Bring empty jug back to said address
7) Trade for full jug (about 10,000 VND)

There should be a local bottler nearby.  If it's too far, then you'll need to contact them to have them deliver to your place of residence.  In that case, ask your neighbor to arrange for you, but note my prices so you don't get charged the "foreigner's fee".

Which district ?

We used to ours from the supermarket across the road directly outside the apartment security gates. Phu My Hung. D7. Corner of Hoang Quoc Viet - actually So3 off Hoang Quoc Viet and So7.
The water cooler/dispenser and it's stand we brought from Lotte Mart in D7.
The delivery system from just about every company usually deliver the same day but require you swap 2 empty containers for two new, sealed, full ones. :)

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

4) Go to said address and buy a starter bottle (about 50,000 VND, might be more in HCMC)

The extra money charged for the first one is the bottle deposit. It's a normal fee, and they should document you paid so you'll get it back if you stop doing business with them.

Just keep in mind that in Vietnam, the supplier's problem also tends to be the customer's problem. The water shop where I was dealing ran out of the brand I had been using from them. All they had was another brand that was more expensive. For one time, I thought, "no problem, I'll pay a little more this time, and get the right one next time"... WRONG. Because I was switching brands, they wanted me to pay ANOTHER bottle deposit. After a very heated argument with the owner about that being his problem, not mine, I told him to refund my original deposit, and I took my business elsewhere. The "elsewhere" was recommended to me by my neighbor. (See Step 1 in Tran Hung Dao's post.)

hm.. Have you ever considered water filter machine? My family is using one at the moment and it saves you heaps of time and effort in calling service to bring you a jug of water every time.. I'm not sure about the cost.. 5 years ago it's around $200. And certainly you need water source connected to the machine.