Indian / Pakistani food in Kuala Lumpur

I am desperate to know some good restaurants in Kualalumpur from where I can have nice India /  Pakistani food, like biryani, nihari, haleem, Chaney, parathey, nan, and tikka / kebab etc.
Secondly, how can one know if a restaurant is selling halal food or not, is it displayed outside !
Approximately how much should it cost for a couple to have one time meals from a budget restaurant, just an idea..thanks

There are lots of restaurants and each has their favourite.  Mine is http://www.moghulmahal.com.my/  They have an outlet at the foot of Menara KL (the communications tower) and one in Brickfields (plus a small bar next door but one if you prefer that ambiance).  Menu is displayed.  Price at Menara KL is high e.g. RM 120 for two in Brickfields it is about RM 60 for two. 

Have another one just off Changkat Bukit Bintang (at the side of Havana) they have the best tandoori and lamb curry in KL (soft and tender).  Tandoori is RM 14, Meat Dish RM 9 and vege RM 2.  Naan RM 3.  Its a cafe style.

Gravitas wrote:

There are lots of restaurants and each has their favourite.  Mine is http://www.moghulmahal.com.my/  They have an outlet at the foot of Menara KL (the communications tower) and one in Brickfields (plus a small bar next door but one if you prefer that ambiance).  Menu is displayed.  Price at Menara KL is high e.g. RM 120 for two in Brickfields it is about RM 60 for two. 

Have another one just off Changkat Bukit Bintang (at the side of Havana) they have the best tandoori and lamb curry in KL (soft and tender).  Tandoori is RM 14, Meat Dish RM 9 and vege RM 2.  Naan RM 3.  Its a cafe style.

I appreciate bro. You have been really helpful. God bless

Hsni wrote:
Gravitas wrote:

I appreciate bro. You have been really helpful. God bless

How about halal food....!!

Most restaurants are halal or they would not survive in a Muslim country.  The Moghul Mahal is Halal - or I would not have suggested it.  Not sure about the other one near Havana. Restaurants have their Halal certificate on their door. There are lots of middle eastern restaurants and they are of course Halal.  Even MacDonalds is Halal here as well as Kentucky Fried  .............McD costs from RM 6.95 for a meal at lunchtime 12-15. About RM 10 at other times.

Heads up - if you see ++ on a menu it means they will charge you 16% extra 6% service charge and 10% local tax.  Some places charge the extra, but not all of them do.  (On Langkawi many do not charge ++ as is a tax free location.)

Gravitas wrote:

Most restaurants are halal or they would not survive in a Muslim country.  The Moghul Mahal is Halal - or I would not have suggested it.  Not sure about the other one near Havana. Restaurants have their Halal certificate on their door. There are lots of middle eastern restaurants and they are of course Halal.  Even MacDonalds is Halal here as well as Kentucky Fried  .............McD costs from RM 6.95 for a meal at lunchtime 12-15. About RM 10 at other times.

Heads up - if you see ++ on a menu it means they will charge you 16% extra 6% service charge and 10% local tax.  Some places charge the extra, but not all of them do.  (On Langkawi many do not charge ++ as is a tax free location.)

Great, thanks a ton dear, cheers

Hi, I would recommend you The Sultani, in Flamingo Hotel(pretty close to the city center), it serve Indian cuisine and it's halal, so no worries :) The halal restaurants in KL usually display their Halal logo in their restaurant or on their signboard.
If you're looking for other restaurants, I would recommend you to check out kreserve.com for variety of restaurants especially in KL, and you could reserve a table immediately if you want to. You could check out The Sultani's menu here if you want to know what they serve and their price range. :)

Bombay Palace on jalan tun razak