Concerning a question about my Schengen visa application.

I am from Karachi, Pakistan and I am applying for the Finland (friends/family visit) visa though the Netherlands embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan.

While filling my visa application form I got some questions in my mind so I thought it is better to ask some guidelines from other experienced members at this forum website.

I am ticking on the single entry in the box (24) given in the visa application form; my first entry would be Finland and in the box (22) concerning to the member state(s) of destination I am also writing Finland. My question is that since Finland is the member of Schengen area so will be allowed to travel other Schengen countries as well later? Or will I only be allowed to travel Finland if visa is granted to me?

If I am allowed to travel other Schengen countries as well then do I need to prove more sufficient funds of traveling to the embassy??? 

pleases check the blank visa application form given below

Visa Application Form

A Schengen visa is valid for all Schengen countries.
The embassy will tell you which proof of funds is required.

No, I have just read on a website that if the embassy issues me LTV type then I will only be able to travel to the country of destination since it would be limited territory visa.

A uniform visa allows to travel all Schengen countries, but for this I will have to  prove embassy that I have suffient funding.

My main destination of travel is Finland to visit Friend but I also wish to travel other countries.

If I get visa for single entry then after leaving Finland before the expiry of my visa may I travel to other Schengen countries or not???

owais.truefriend wrote:

No, I have just read on a website that if the embassy issues me LTV type then I will only be able to travel to the country of destination since it would be limited territory visa.

why don't you call the embassy where you are going to submit the application? Any advice you get here is going to be at best conjecture. Even if someone here does work at an embassy, the one where you submit this is might handle your application differently.

however, given the way borders are once you're IN Schengen, I'm not sure how they can prevent you from traveling to other countries. There are no border controls in most places.

You are doing you're very best to get there where you want to be.

Try this link about visa Schengen: http://www.schengenvisa.cc/

Maybe it will help you.

Good luck!!!!

I have to ask, how many of these are there?

Hi owais.truefriend,

Your post is now on the Finland Forum :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi,

I would like to hopefully get some assistance.

My wife and I are travelling to Malta soon however, there are no direct flights and we have to transfer somewhere within the EU. My wife will be applying for a Schengen Visa (I do not require anything as I am an EU citizen) will this allow her to transit through a European country with me when transferring flights? It will possibly be a different terminal.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Many thanks,