Places to visit in Moldova

Hi,

For the ones living in Moldova, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Moldova, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Moldova?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

Hi, Julie -
Visiting the Cricova wine cellar is one of the most interesting places. You can google it for details. If you like nature I would suggest the surrounding of Trebujeni.  Google " trebujeni photos" to see if you would like it. It's about 35 km from Chisinau.
In general Moldova does not have a infrastructure for tourism, so there are not many places to choose from. In summer going to the Nistru River bank is a good option to cool off. If you would like to cross the country on the bicycle, I could probably help you with that. This is not an easy way, but the best way to meet people and to learn about a country. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Hello tvdoc.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards.

Karen :)

[moderated: off topic + if you have any questions about living in Mauritius, please post in the Mauritius forum.]

what are some good steak house restaurants? I have been eyeballing "The Chicago Steak House" for sometime. Has anyone eaten there before if so, then hows the menu? If its not worth the time then what is recommended?