Places to visit in Malawi

Hi,

For the ones living in Malawi, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Malawi, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Malawi?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

Hi Julie

I'm Abby, I work for Malawian Style- a tour operator based here in Lilongwe Malawi.

Our must see destinations are:

Lake Malawi: A pristine, beautiful fresh water lake with incredible sunsets to match.
There is a really special,luxury and Eco-friendly lodge on an island with no electricity; you can only imagine the night. Alternatively there is another island we recommend where you can get back to basis and camp under the stars!

South Luangwa, Zambia: A fantastic safari destination. Game includes lion, leopard, giraffe, elephant, zebra....(320km from Lilongwe)
Here we would recommend somewhere with luxury safari tents right in the most amongst the nature.

Mount Mulanje: This challenging climb is always a lot fun, with forest ravines and rock pools to dip in along the way. Various mountain huts will be your home for the night along the way- this might work for you if you wanted something different!

If you would like any help finding accommodation or if you have any questions please feel free to get in touch. My email: [email protected].

All the best.

Abby
Malawian Style