Places to visit in Ras al Khaimah

Hi,

For the ones living in Ras al Khaimah, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Ras al Khaimah, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Ras al Khaimah?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Interesting question.  For a day trip, I often take my visitors up into the mountains behind RaK city or perhaps a little further.  There is some great (but usually challenging) walking.  I also take them to Dibba for some good sea kayaking, or cycling up Wadi Shis, or wading up Wadi Wurriyah (spelling?).  Also found a fascinating fort near Wadi Wurriyah, name escapes me right now, but well worth a visit if nearby.  A little further afield, I feel that the Khasab tourism potential is massive, but needs some broader thinking on how to use best.
Chris J

RAK also has two water parks, ICELAND which is not far from the exit of 311 and DreamLand located on the coast road towards Ajman. For the golfer there is the 18 holes course at Tower Links and the 9hole and par 3 courses at Al Hamra. There is the old town/fort at Al Jazeera to visit, the museum in RAK city and the Ostrich farm. Don't forget the shopping, walking along the Creek and the many bars/clubs located in the hotels.
It all depends what you're looking to discover and explore.
Have fun!

Sushifee,
where is the ostrich farm? would like to take the kids there.

Not sure if that is really an ostrich farm, think it is more like an emu farm.  Interesting nonetheless.  You can see it on the road to the airport or Dibba.  Not far from city.
There is the hot springs at Khatt
You have the nice old town with its souks etc.
Beach
Day or overnight trip to Khasab/Musandam
And the inevitable malls!

drove past there today, full of what I thought was black ostridge! Not sure if it's open to the public though, it's located on the dual carriageway road towards the airport, think it's called Alwafi? Another great place to take your visitors is the dune buggy places, there's about 8 of them located as you drive through Alwafi, you can get an hour into the desert for approx 100Dhs per person (asking price was 150Dhs) there's also the camel racing track open daily from about 7.30am-2pm January til March/April. It's a great way to meet with the locals and watch the camels training and racing.