Any good Vietnamese and Korean restaurants

in Beijing?

I went to Wudaokou this week and to my disappointment it looked really empty...In 2008 there were far more Korean restaurants. I went to a Korean bbq restaurant and I tried to speak Korean to the waiter but she replied in Chinese in a quite "rude" way. The stew I tasted was watery...where I live there is another "Korean restaurant" but it's even worse...I wonder...are all the good things gone after the Olimpics?

Hi Novaltine,

Maybe you can introduce yourself please :)?

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I personally like 4 corners (thebeijinger.com/directory/4corners) and Susu (thebeijinger.com/directory/susu) for Vietnamese.

Cheers.
Ilya
Founder of Culture Yard
[cultureyard.net]www.cultureyard.net[/url]

For Korean, many people like Saveurs de Corée - (thebeijinger.com/directory/saveurs-de-cor%C3%A9e)

I suggest you to visit Beijing Korean town, called Wangjing 望京.
My top korean restaurants in Wangjing are
Huo Lu Huo 火炉火( now they moved to Wangjing Shopping Mall 3rd floor),
It is best korean BBQ in Beijing, prices are reasonable around 50-80 for person. But you need wait for table there maybe 1 hour, caz it's the most famous BBQ restaurant.
Gangnam restaurant (江南餐厅)
It's also korean BBQ+ soups and other delicious korean food. Price is a bit high 80-100 for person,but service is better and no need wait one hour.
Janhchungdong wangzokbal (it's in korean) they have very delicious korean style boiled pork. Located in wangjing san qu, not far from new Soho buildings.