Wangjing District??

Hey everyone,
Im due to move over to Beijing in 5 weeks time. Originally I was going to be living in Beijing but the school im working for has had to find alternative accommodation.
Im now movin to Wangjing District.
Any info people can give me about the area would be much appreciated.
Very excited for the move so dont kill my buzz haha
Look forward to hearing from anyone
Gem xx

Hi Gem !

I hope other members of the forum will tell you more about it soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Assuming its the Wangjing in Beijing, I am familiar with it.  I have lived and work around that area... also cabs tend to drop me off at the wrong places (likely my bad directions) so I get a chance to do lots of sightseeing :)

What can you say..  lots to do and see in Wangjing and of course 360buy.com works pretty well.

There is a good hotpot place (Haidilao) and a few good Japanese Teppanyaki restaurants in and next to the Wangjing International Center.

There is at least two Starbucks in the area and more two Subway Restaurants. 

My favorite subway line is close - Line 10 - which gives you relatively easy access to Sanlitun, Wangfujing and Lucky Street areas.

The Sci-tech plaza just north of the 5th Ring Road - the best part of the plaza being the Starbucks and another Subway Restaurant in my humble opinion :o 

There are a few malls as well for your shopping needs.  I advise to avoid shopping at Carrefour at least for electronics :)

There is an Ikea - not bad for quick furniture solutions. 

There seems to be a reasonable massage place near the "Class" (apartment complex).

Its close to Lido depending on where living.

Overall not a bad place to work - the traffic is not as bad as it is downtown.

Best of luck.

My wife and I live in WangJing and we like it. I'm actually in the process of putting together a WangJing neighborhood guide, if you want I can send you what I have done so far. It's got a map of the area and highlights some of the apartment complexes that might be worth looking at for for accomodation. PvtMsg me if you like it.

In a related note, if you're brand new to Beijing we just finished a pretty comprehensive themiddlekingdom.org/newcomers-guide, it's available for download at our blog.

Nothing wrong with Wanjing.

I love Wangjing and would love to live there when I move back. If the other post was talking about the massgae place that's in the apartments behind the Wangjing Mall- it's awesome. I would go there every week when I lived in beijing. The buses are good and not too crowded, except on weekends. Wangjing is pretty centrally located, so its also a 20 minute bus ride to Wudaokou.

Hi,My husband and i have been living in Wangjing for 3 years now. I just want to say it is a great area. less crowded than other bj areas.:) If you live near Itoyokato, it will be very convenient for you too. A lot of restaurants there. [Moderated]

Good Day,

My name is Victoria,

Thank you for the information provided here.
Could you please share with me the information you have in regards of Beijing, and this are. I am moving to Beijing in January 2016. And I will be working in SOHO Wangjing Building.

I will love to get to know this place better, find a good place to live nearby, good price etc. And how is the living conditions with pollution.

Thank you in advanced.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.
Victoriagb wrote:

Good Day,

My name is Victoria,

Thank you for the information provided here.
Could you please share with me the information you have in regards of Beijing, and this are. I am moving to Beijing in January 2016. And I will be working in SOHO Wangjing Building.

I will love to get to know this place better, find a good place to live nearby, good price etc. And how is the living conditions with pollution.

Thank you in advanced.

Hello Victoria and welcome to the forum

For info, this thread has been inactive since 2011 and you may not get any response.

Regards
Kenjee