Getting my family to the UK

First and foremost, please don't judge harshly.
When I was in high school, I performed VERY POORLY. I dropped out senior year and had a child with my boyfriend (Now husband). My husband is working as well as attending vocational school to become a carpenter. I feel like I wasted so much valuable time between ages 18 and 22. Now that I have gone back to adult school and finally acquired my (adult) High School Diploma, I am ready to enroll in my city's college and do my 2 years of GE.
I read online that the only way you can transfer to a UK college is to already have an AA degree. Then I have also heard that in the UK an American AA is meaningless and you would have to start from scratch at the UK college. I don't know what is true!
I also, if I've read correctly, understood that if I were to transfer to a UK college as an international student I could also bring my husband and child with me if I am to stay longer than 6 months and have the income to support ourselves during our stay, with the proper visas of course. And that when my studying is over they'd have to return to the US with me.

Of course I'm a realist and I'm not dreaming of applying to any prestigious UK universities. I just want to know if my information is correct, and what are some colleges over in the UK that might accept me with an AA degree and if that's even possible.

Hello honeyfox.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

This article could help -> Studying in the UK.

Thank you,
Aurélie

In the UK, you don't apply to a college or university. You apply to a department within the college to do a specific course of study. Your best bet is to call a few and ask what their requirements are as they will differ substantially from one course to the next. eg If you wanted to pursue a degree in physics they would likely want you to have AP classes in math whereas for a  history degree they wouldn't care about your math skills.