Healer in Bali !

Who is this famous healer I have heard about in Bali ...Were is he ? I have been told he is man of 85 and makes his own herbal medicine from plants in his garden ... any info about him would be great ...

You are talking about I Ketut Liyer made famous by the book and movie, Eat, Pray, Love.  He operates from his family compound in Pengosekan near Ubud.

You might want to read this:

http://www.balihappenings.com/articles/ … ve-wallet/

In reality, Pak Ketut is an artist and not what the Balinese would call a Balian.  Or, to put it another way, Ketut's “practice” is entirely comprised of pie eyed tourists on their own eat, pray, love journey and not local Balinese.

I can refer you to an excellent and authentic Balian in the village of Mas which is also right outside of Ubud.  My Balinese family consults with him as does the Governor of Bali.  As with all real Balians, there is no charge but “my guy” loves chocolate cake which we bring him on any of our visits.

Or simply ask any Balinese about seeing a good Balian and you'll get plenty of recommendations.

Ubudian ..thank you for this info ...

If you are coming to Bali and you want to see a good traditional healer just ask.

I read the article Roy, its such a good information!
I sure wont go to a medicine man who expect me to give him 250 thousand (and before the "medication") it doesnt reflect us, real Indonesians. I'm ashamed of it. Ashame to the world.

The truth is Annie that the Balinese are not immune from the weaker sides of humanity, like greed.

The truly unfortunate fallout is that he's damaging the well earned and honored reputation of Balian Asli here on Bali.

Hi Ubudian, could you please give me the name of this healer that you are referring to as I am heading to Bali next month and am in search of a genuine healer.
Thank you

You can check your private messages for his contact information, both e-mail address and hand phone number.

Best wishes for a fabulous time in Bali.

Thank you so very much I will check it now, have a wonderful day :)

Hello Ubudian,
Do you think i could also get the informations about the Balian you were mentionning ?
Thank you !

I'm sending you my regular e-mail address via private message.

When your future travel plans have you coming to Bali, I'll be happy at that time to provide you with specific contact details.