Starting to work in Jeddah

Hello there,

first of all: Thanks for this site!

I am moving to Jeddah next week (also :-)), but unfortunately NOT onto a compound. Instead, my company (an airline) booked me into the Crown Plaza. I am a pilot flying the Hadj season, so IŽll stay some 4-5 month, sometimes flying though...

I would like to get know some expats in Jeddah. I am very curious what it will be like. Perhaps I am lucky and get an inviation to an expat meeting?

I am German, coming from Cologne. So who is familiar with this knows, we are quite social and easy going...

Looking forward to hearing from all of you. And hey, thanks already for the tips ;-)

Yours Ralph

Search for "Jeddah" in Facebook and join groups/pages of your interest, and you will find friends and events.

Hello Ralph,

Welcome to Expat.com!

And, what about organizing your own expat meet-up? ;)

Thank you,
Pravin.

Pravin wrote:

And, what about organizing your own expat meet-up? ;)

What makes sense to organize a generic expat meet-up when every second person met in Jeddah is an expat?

raheel ali wrote:

Few weeks ago, myself, couple of frech guys, saudi guys and pakistani guys did a small cruise trip ... it was a nice banter... but somewhere down the trip, i started to feel it was more of a sausage fest.. than anything else...

It's naturally more fun if there is a mix of guys and girls on board..

In closing, if there is will, there is way..

Get used to the sausage fest, my friend--you're in Saudi Arabia now :lol: