Driving license for expats - FYI

For expats with driving license from their country, you just need to visit LTO office then apply for license conversion then caramba! you'll have your Philippine driving license! :)

Of course, you'll need to undergo drug test and medical examination. Beware of Fixers!!! they were all outside LTO office! :lol:

Hope this could help!

yeah fixers are a huge problem here  in this country.
Just ignore anyone that is asking u questions  when u walk into the lto      and just go straight into the office.
Try and do everything by the book as corruption ruins this country and its better  not to add to the problems while we are here as visitors to this great place

sadly,  but true @Thatawesomeguy!  but still many are victims.  what more horrible is, there are people who are looking for them  to  have their documents fixed in an instant,  whatever ever language it Iis, right will always be right,  there is no wrong things that can be right.  the outcome doesn't  justify the means.

so  do not  depend on fixers,  depend on yourself instead! :)

How about getting a license "from scratch", is it expensive?
Having a license and a car would make life alot easier..

not expensive     but  u need to sit in a class for 4 hours and learn road rules..... oh by the way  that class is in bisaya or tagalog     haha  good luck

Thatawesomeguy wrote:

not expensive     but  u need to sit in a class for 4 hours and learn road rules..... oh by the way  that class is in bisaya or tagalog     haha  good luck

hahahahah...Really???

So it's also the same in Saudi Arabia. In their driving class, they used arabic so i didn't understand at all what the proctor is telling aside from the lists of traffic signs with an english description!!! :D

Hi I am Indonesian and I will live in Philippines starting Oct 2016.
I would ask if you know that International Driving License is valid in PH? and for How long?
thank you.