Racism in Pr

Is it true Puerto Rican people hate Europeans?
if yes, why so?

if no, perfect :D

I'd say they don't hate Europeans. I've been here almost 12 years now and I know quite some Puerto Ricans and also other Europeans and I never heard anything like that.

Some locals are not too fond of "gringos" (US Americans) but that has to do with the attitude of some of them.

My experience is that most locals are friendly and nice people and if you are nice and polite towards them, you will get the same treatment in return.
Learning Spanish helps a lot and will also increase your chances of getting a job.

Curious, where did this idea com from?

Poppycock!  Puerto Rico is one of the most open minded cultures I've ever experienced. My experience since 1996 has been that Puerto Rican's do not like any foreigner that is demeaning or demonstrates a superiority attitude.  I made the mistake of taking my family back to the US for a few years...I was appalled at the racial divides and disparity going on there.

So it's just like , be nice and get treated nice right?

Exactament! Don't be a jerk.  And do not to drool over all of the beautiful women here.  Respect and be respected.

haha i'm not going there for woman in general, just for my girlfriend ;)

ElGringoLoco is right. Be respectful. Even if you don't know much Spanish, learn manners. Por Favor, Gracia, permiso, etc. At least make an attempt to use what Spanish you can. People respect the fact that you at least try.

Racism exists on both sides on the island, just as it does everywhere else. It sucks that it is this way but that's the reality. You may or may not be a victim of racism there, just try not to be the perpetrator of it. Being Gringo I've faced it at times. I don't like it, I think it's stupid, but in defense of the Puerto Rican people, too many people over the years come from the states and act like they own the place and treat the natives like crap.

When I married a beautiful Puerto Rican woman over 10 years ago it never really hit me that we are a bi racial couple. I never once gave it a thought. To this day it still doesn't feel like that. Treat the native islanders respectfully, just like you should anywhere else you go. There are good people and ass-holes wherever you go.

Hello, Gentlemen!

I'm Puertorican and I can tell you all that there will always be some sort of racism... here in the Island or anywhere else you choose to live.  There exists racism amongst some Puertoricans... meaning light skin vs. dark skin... Like in the US!  However, as GringoLoco and GreggK have perfectly stated, just treat people with respect, courtesy & kindness... Mostly everyone responds positively to that, Puertoricans or not.  After all, we are human beings, too!

For the most part we are nice, happy, outspoken, hospitable people.  However, like anywhere in the world we have our share of undesirable people... Just be careful who you decide to hang with.

Do not worry, no one's going to throw you off our Island, unless you do something really, really bad! LOL!

Enjoy our Island... we like to share! :)

Been here for 3 weeks now and i absolutely love Puerto Rico, especially Corozal! :D