Can anyone please help me ...

I am from India .. but been moving around to different places.. so far in our wonderful journey of life we never had trouble with Rice .. wherever we go we got our indian rice ( sona masoori ) available. But here cannot find anything .. had to buy sticky rice and am not at all liking its sticky texture :( would love to hear anyone say any place (preferably indian grocery) where i can get my taste bud happy with sticky free rice :)

thanks in advance for your replies :)

You can find it in Lulu hypermarket in Dana Mall. You get all Indian groceries there.

Dear bkurala,

i suppose the location u r refering to is manila, ther are many indian grocery stores here, to list down a few:

1. Asad - @ UN Street near Khalsa Gurudwara Manila
2. Asad - @ Jupiter Street Makati
3. other small shops - inside and at the gate of Khalsa Gurudwara.

i know just there, if any one else know anything plz post.

feel free to PM me for anything else.

rohaneden wrote:

You can find it in Lulu hypermarket in Dana Mall. You get all Indian groceries there.

hi,

can you please tell where this mall is located !!

rohaneden wrote:

Its not in Manila i suppose .. am looking for something in and around manila please .. dont want to and also cannot afford to travel cross country just for sona masoori rice .. lol .. if am wrong please let me know the directions .. or proper address .. thanks for your reply

sonabeta wrote:

1. Asad - @ UN Street near Khalsa Gurudwara Manila
2. Asad - @ Jupiter Street Makati
3. other small shops - inside and at the gate of Khalsa Gurudwara.

Thanks for the info sonabeta .. but all those shops were already inquired by my husband and they dont sell any Sonamasoori rice .. fortunately able to find Basmati there and using it now but am told that Its not good for health for long term use ..

So if you can find any other store anywhere in and around manila please update me :)

Thanks for your response.

hi bkurala sorry to hear about the hard time you're having with the rice.  Have you tried asking the Indian embassy?

I love Indian food :) but didn't know Basmati rice is bad for the health :( I guess it's like Ramen when you eat too much all the time lol

qeris wrote:

I love Indian food :) but didn't know Basmati rice is bad for the health :( I guess it's like Ramen when you eat too much all the time lol

yes its okay if u eat occasionally but for daily eaters like us indians.. lol

rohaneden wrote:

I don't think those are in the Philippines.