Tourist visa for indian

hi, i would like to visit hcmc for 3 day vacation. most nationalities can apply online, get approval letter and then visa on arrival. however, indians cannot do so. can someone explain what do i need to do?

also, why do indians have to pay a higher fee for visa on arrival. and why the additional formalities to get visa.

You can go to Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in your country to obtain Vietnam visa in person

does this mean i definitely cant do online?

Hi carlyle1979,

I got same problem with my Sri Lankan friends. They are very hard to get visa to Vietnam even they came to Embassy. But right now is very easy... I make invitation letter and visa approval letter from Vietnam Immigration, then you can get visa on arrival. If you need more help, feel free to let me know

Dent

thanks for the offer dent. i do have a cousin working there who said he can help out with the invitation letter through a local vietnamese colleague. i have been even asked to provide a no objection letter (noc) from my company. but why is it so difficult especially since its a tourist visa. i am coming for 3 days and what a hassle. being a tourist destination, i wud think theyd make it easier for tourists to visit. wud definitely not recommend it to any friends for a holiday.

I have the same question. I dont know why there are difficult visa entry for Indian and Sri lanka. Even they came as tourists.  I lost many biz before. Anyway, wish u will get visa soon

wish i get it too bcos i have hotel and flight already. i will b travelling to vietnam on 8 june. if i put in my application next week and get my visa in first or second week of april, visa will b still valid, right?

The visa is valid from the arrival date issued in your visa (the arrival date you fill in the Vietnam visa application) And its validity depends on which type of visa to Vietnam you apply, for example 1 month or 3 month.
Consider carefully because once your visa is issued with a defined arrival date, you can enter Vietnam later but cannot earlier than that arrival date.

[moderated: no free ad on the forum.]

Hi Carlyle1979,
I could help you get approval letter to Vietnam within a week with a very best price. If you still have request, feel free to contact me.
Cheers,

What's the situation now regarding visa for Indians? can I get a 3 month/single entry Visa-On-Arrival at the airport? Do I need to submit lots of documents and face hassles??

It seems that the Government now restricts the number of people from China, India and Africa to Vietnam. The procedure to get the visa for them is more complicated than that for other nationalities. However, there's always a way out. It's just a matter of time and money in here :)

I used to help some friends of mine (including Indian) to get the visa so I might give you some advice if needed.