Assistant Professor Job in Ankara

Hello !

I have recently been offered a job as an assistant professor in a public university in Ankara. I am being offered a net salary of 6200 TL. Health insurance for me and my family is covered in public hospitals and clinics but there are no other perks. I wanted to know if this is considered a good salary in Ankara? Knowing that I have a family with two kids. I will have to pay for living, accommodation, school fees etc.
It will be great if anybody could give me an idea about reasonable international schools in Ankara.

Thanking you in anticipation !

Thanks for your reply. It means I can not save in this pay?

Do you have any idea how much will I need to pay to rent a reasonable accommodation in ankara? Are we supposed to pay any deposit money for renting? Moreover, how much do I need to spend to get an average car?

Thanks very much for your help.

School fees for kids will be higher than the locals. Private school prices are between 20 000 - 30 000 tl/year for one kid. on the other hand books, feeding, school bus, clothes and other prices not include. So you should consider this.

Thank you very much for your valuable suggestions. What I understand now is that in the offered salary I will only be able to maintain a mediocre lifestyle and on top of that I will not be able to save anything? Is that true?
I will also be traveling to my home country once a year I don't think I will even be able to save money for the tickets?

How if I send my kids to public schools? Are those any good? The medium of instruction in public schools is only Turkish right? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thank you so very much for a detailed reply and helpful suggestions. These will certainly help me make up my mind.
I really want to live and work in Turkey. I believe I will give it a go and see if I will be able to manage everything.

Thanks again :)

Inasmuch as you want to live in Turkey, you have to consider the salary as well as you have a family. If the 6200 is in dollars then perfect but if is in Turkish Lira then is not good at all. It won't be enough for you at all. You can reconsider it