In Punta Cana on 3/8/2013

I will be in Punta Cana looking at apts..  Whats a good bar to go and meet expats on Friday night.

Thanks
Chuck

Ha Ha.. Depends on your tastes and wallet..... Steve's Bar is central to Barvaro  Beach... You can get anything there and lots of expats that will talk to you go there to hang out...  Mostly the older retired guys...  I like Sol'e Chill out bar on the beach.. Does not attract a lot of American expats though.. Mostly European people...  I would hope someone will pipe up and tell where they have found  a good place to meet other expats in Bavaro Punta Cana..

Hi

Soles Chill Out Bar is nice, but most visitors are European captsam54 as my friend.
I recommend also Liqui2, was cortecito entry in Turquoise Square.
Villages In Punta Cana is a very good bar, but can not remember name, this near Restaurant in Tablao.

And if you want a more environment Dominican, I recommend the Shop and Drink, which is in square Mayoral.
I hope my recomentaciones serve you, I live in this area and are the most know.
Good afternoon.

LOL... True... about Sole's.. My friend Taro owns it..  I need to go exploring the other places in Bavaro..

Personally, I prefer restaurants to bars. Punta Cana Village, my  choicest. Also Palma Real Mall, Hard Rock Cafe, depending on your tastes and pocket... ;)

Thanks all   I was job offered so I should be moving
There in May.

I avoid most of the tourist areas like Hard Rock.... And I like BARS....! LOL, and resturants... A La Yolla right now......

Hola, Luisasosa!

Llevas mucho tiempo viviendo en Punta Cana? Eres Dominicana? He escuchado que Punta Cana es bello, pero tiene problemas de seguridad... Solamente estás a salvo dentro de las facilidades de los hoteles?  Vi un lugar que parece muy bonito que se llama Punta Cana Village, qué me puedes decir sobre él?

Agraderé cualquier información que me puedas ofrecer!

English version (just in case) :top:

Have you lived in Punta Cana for long? Are you Dominican? I've heard that Punta Cana is beautiful, but that there are safety issues... you're basically only safe within the hotel facilities.  I saw a place called Punta Cana Village that seems pretty nice.  What can you tell me about it?

I will appreciate any information you can provide.

LOL.. I am not luisasosa_2687... But I live IN Punta Cana and frequent all the places mentioned.... I live at the Marina at Punta Cana.. Nice place.(excellent Security). But too expensive for what you get besides the ocean view.... Apartments at the Punta Cana Village are much more reasonable..  Like $550.00 and up for 2-3 bdr's.. Also the same goes for Cap Cana Village apt's... (Much more security) The Restaurants and Grocery are right there in Punta Cana Village...

Other than that, there is Cocotal... Down in Bavaro.. But closer to the beaches and nightlife etc. and all the locals... Also good prices for units...

You have to decide what level of security you want.. The quietness comes w/ being further away from Bavaro... Get a map or Google earth Bavaro and Punta Cana.

Thanks a lot, Captsam54!  I really appreciate your feedback on Punta Cana.  It seems to be a really beautiful place, but I've read people complaining on the 'real' town... life outside the gated communities.  Some have said streets/areas are terribly unsafe... Scary!

I'll look into your suggestions, though! Again, thanks! :)

Well you can get taken down at Bavaro Beach if you don't have your wits about you... But I go down there all the time and have no problems... U coming from PR should have no problems either....

I would suggest going to one of the all Inclusives, (one of the cheaper ones) down around Bavaro, and check it out for a weekend or?  Then make a decision on where you want to be...

I do not know all the ates but hear Bavaro Beach is supposed to be really nice and fairly reasonable.. and I am sure there are specials if you know where to look...

Knowing what I do.. I would look to Punta Cana Village.... As I might do soon here in the future...